• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
my preferred League/Division Layout.

No Interleague.
Two Leagues
Two Divisions
LCS and WS
Balanced Schedule for the Divisions
Division and League based on Time Zones.
League A = All East Time Zone Teams
League B = Central, Mountain and Pacific Time Zones.

oTnAmd2.png

edit: or if you want I guess you can have wild cards.

Caja 117

Ostensibly a team could have 5 champagne celebrations.

1. Clinching a Playoff Spot.
2. Winning the bullshit game.
3. Winning the Divisional series.
4. Winning the Pennant.
5. Winning the World Series.

I really dont get why a team will celebrate playing in a elimination game, It feels like when a Toddler gets a last place trophy. Didn't the Pirates not celebrate it?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Ostensibly a team could have 5 champagne celebrations.

1. Clinching a Playoff Spot.
2. Winning the bullshit game.
3. Winning the Divisional series.
4. Winning the Pennant.
5. Winning the World Series.

Sounds familiar...

PeuMGBn.jpg

I really dont get why a team will celebrate playing in a elimination game, It feels like when a Toddler gets a last place trophy. Didn't the Pirates not celebrate it?

Yeah, I'm not a fan of celebrating a clinch of a wild card. Jays did it for their postseason birth but I give them a pass since it was 22 years.

Beckx

I like how NPB has progressing levels of fuck-you to teams that don't finish first.

Finish third? You're playing all 3 games of the best of three in second place team's home stadium.

Then when you advance to play the first place team? It's a best of 7, all seven games at their place, and they start with one win in their pocket.

Parch

I'd definitely prefer a balanced schedule. The reason for the lengthy Blue Jay slump has been because the AL East has always been a strong division. That's because the Yankees and Red Sox are always trying to buy their playoff spot.
If you're stuck in a division where two of the teams are the fat cat big spenders in the game, it makes it very difficult to make the playoffs. A balanced schedule eliminates the money advantage.

Excited as hell, nervous as hell. Still up in the air about how much of the start of the game I'll miss. =/

I think I might miss 20 - 30 minutes. Leaving work at 3 so I am going to miss the pregame stuff. I will watch the banner stuff later. Meeting with my friend and we are headed over to his place post-haste.

ShaneB

I think I might miss 20 - 30 minutes. Leaving work at 3 so I am going to miss the pregame stuff. I will watch the banner stuff later. Meeting with my friend and we are headed over to his place post-haste.

Yeah, I'll miss the first 30 mins or so... just a matter if my workplace has its shit together and at least can gets Sportsnet on the lunchroom TVs, then just hang out here, or bolt it down the street to the Boston Pizza nearby or something.

Canadian Tire doing the right thing..

"R.A. Dickey, the Blue Jays’ knuckleball pitcher, instantly became a man of the people when he tweeted out: “I vote for no work day for Toronto fans on (Thursday) or Friday so they can watch the games #nationalholiday.”

Lo and behold, one company took Dickey up on the suggestion. Canadian Tire announced it was closing its office headquarters in Toronto and Calgary on Friday, giving 5,000 employees a chance to watch the Jays, who have been relegated to daytime slots for the first two games of their series against the Texas Rangers.
"

Yeah, I'll miss the first 30 mins or so... just a matter if my workplace has its shit together and at least can gets Sportsnet on the lunchroom TVs, then just hang out here, or bolt it down the street to the Boston Pizza nearby or something.

Canadian Tire doing the right thing..

"R.A. Dickey, the Blue Jays’ knuckleball pitcher, instantly became a man of the people when he tweeted out: “I vote for no work day for Toronto fans on (Thursday) or Friday so they can watch the games #nationalholiday.”

Lo and behold, one company took Dickey up on the suggestion. Canadian Tire announced it was closing its office headquarters in Toronto and Calgary on Friday, giving 5,000 employees a chance to watch the Jays, who have been relegated to daytime slots for the first two games of their series against the Texas Rangers.
"

My work gives no shits. You would barely know it was happening here. I just said I need to leave at 3 today and hope nothing happens to prevent that. I already have a pizza pickup scheduled for 3:30pm. lol.

Sanjuro

My work gives no shits. You would barely know it was happening here. I just said I need to leave at 3 today and hope nothing happens to prevent that. I already have a pizza pickup scheduled for 3:30pm. lol.

What kind of pizza? I'm an expert, it will be like reading your playoff palm.

What kind of pizza? I'm an expert, it will be like reading your playoff palm.

It's a split unfortunately since my friend wanted... plain. :(

My side has green peppers, green olives and bacon strips.

It's from a local Toronto chain establishment, Pizza Pizza, since they are close to his place and allow you to order hours in advance for pickup.

Getting 10 chicken bites with it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
My company is putting the games on the big TVs here. I'm still taking a half day tomorrow to watch at home though.

I was going to leave early today but since it's going to be playing here I can stay the day and leave for home somewhere around the 4th or 5th inning.

Sanjuro

It's a split unfortunately since my friend wanted... plain. :(

My side has green peppers, green olives and bacon strips.

It's from a local Toronto chain establishment, Pizza Pizza, since they are close to his place and allow you to order hours in advance for pickup.

Getting 10 chicken bites with it.

...ya'll gettin BOUNCED!

All I remember about Pizza Pizza is they had they most pandering adverts in a cinema I've seen. I went to a movie up there, I think Iron Man, and they had dancing pizzas on the screen for like 10 minutes straight before the trailers. It was kind of amazing.

Parch

The next couple of days are not going to be very economically productive in Canada. Might as well just shut it all down and declare it a Blue Jay holiday.

rinse82

I work for the team owners and they've given everyone a half day off tomorrow.

Doesn't matter to me I'm taking the whole day off - scored tickets yesterday.

Hamels-Stroman should be a good one

Ratings for yesterday game. Another big hit.

"Like the Yankees the night before, the Cubs fueled a big increase in overnights for baseball’s Wild Card round.

The Cubs/Pirates National League Wild Card Game drew a 5.5 overnight rating on TBS Wednesday night, up 34% from Giants/Pirates on ESPN last year (4.1) and up 49% from Rays/Indians on TBS in 2013 (3.7). Compared to last year’s Athletics/Royals A.L. Wild Card Game on TBS, which aired on a Tuesday night, the overnight increased 45% from a 3.8. The game peaked at 6.5 from 10:15-10:30 PM ET.

The Cubs’ win scored the second-highest Major League Baseball overnight on cable since 2011, trailing only the Astros/Yankees A.L. Wild Card Game on ESPN the previous night (5.7). It goes without saying that this year’s Wild Card games rank as the two highest rated ever in the metered markets (eight telecasts dating back to 2012), easily topping the previous high of 4.1 for last year’s Giants/Pirates matchup.

Locally, the Pirates’ third straight Wild Card game drew a 26.2 rating in Pittsburgh — up 16% from last year against the Giants (22.6) but down 22% from 2013 against the Reds (33.7). The game also drew a 21.8 in Chicago, the market’s highest MLB rating since the White Sox clinched the World Series in 2005."

I have the feeling Toronto is going to lose today. Price has a shaky postseason record and the Rangers have hit him well over the years. He's been dominant as of late, but that could change quickly. If he does get bounced early, the bullpen situation in Toronto has been far from ideal. I'm taking Texas on the money line for 200. I think this one is going to be a high scoring affair, definitely over the 7.5 total and I wouldn't be surprised if one team hit double digits in runs scored.

Astros vs Royals I think I'll take Houston. I've got no favourite and I haven't seen Ventura pitch recently. Probably another game that will be a slug fest.

Beckx

Man, imagine if today was Price v Darvish.

Pretty impressed Texas is in postseason.

No hate Jays-GAF, but I kinda want to see what Texas can do.

ShaneB

I would've done the same, AND taken a vacation day tomorrow just to prevent all this madnesss. But because we're short staffed, I have avoided that and tried to bring up the idea of a half day tomorrow(which was normal summer hours), but talk seems to be dwindling, so I am starting to lose hope for tomorrow. Work for a German based company, so that's not certainly not a big help for an instance like this. Right now just crossing my fingers it'll be on tv in the lunchroom as I requested.

Although.... maybe that youtube streamer dude will be able to deliver...

Parch

Ratings for yesterday game. Another big hit.

"Like the Yankees the night before, the Cubs fueled a big increase in overnights for baseball’s Wild Card round.
Canadian TV ratings have been massive for Blue Jay games as well.

Yet whenever there's a baseball thread on the main board you get the usual flood of non-baseball fans who continue to insist that baseball is dying.

Rally spoons are dumb.

I'm so incredibly nervous for this game and series. If the Jays lose, it'll be awful.

I am really fucking hyped right now.

The crushing defeat will be horrible. I prepared myself by watching the Yankees lose. You deal with it and then you move on.

I am really fucking hyped right now.

The crushing defeat will be horrible. I prepared myself by watching the Yankees lose. You deal with it and then you move on.

I've tied my emotions to this team too much this summer, and my anxiety will be really bad during the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom