• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

I'll never forget Nelson Cruz turning a moderately difficult but ultimately catchable flyball into an easy game-tying triple.

If this game had been won fairly, I wouldn't be pissed off. Disappointed and upset, but I'd give more credit to the Rangers as it'd be due.

They did play well, and it's not like they were completely gifted this game. They still could've won it later on.

HOWEVER

That call at second base was inherently wrong and obviously so.

so what is everyone's beer count at this point?

I'm about at 7. Got 2 more games to go and some hockey.

and hell the Astros-Royals game isn't even over yet

zroid

Banned
so what is everyone's beer count at this point?

I'm about at 7. Got 2 more games to go and some hockey.

and hell the Astros-Royals game isn't even over yet
If I actually had beer -- and thankfully I don't -- I'd be well beyond 20 by now (probably passed out)

If this game had been won fairly, I wouldn't be pissed off. Disappointed and upset, but I'd give more credit to the Rangers as it'd be due.

They did play well, and it's not like they were completely gifted this game. They still could've won it later on.

HOWEVER

I listened to radio feed. In the photo people are posting his cleat appears to be on the bag (you can see shadow on as well). Is there a more definitive shot?

kpjolee

HOWEVER

It has to present very conclusive evidence to overturn the call but that replay simply didn't really show it.

HOWEVER

I am on the same side as you but this is not conclusive. And to me shows fairly clearly he is on the bag. Look at the bottom front of the cleat. This is the photo jays fans are posting out there as their defense...

dz3rYGF.jpg

clemenx

Banned
For me it's a clear enough. Not being willing to use that kind of evidence completely defeats the purpose of having the replay.

sammich

I'm just pissed off right now. As bad as the umpiring was(I don't know if I can say Odor was out 100%), the changing strike zone sucked massive balls, its just the managerial decisions that really got me pissed. I was venting at work when this shit was happening. Revere gets on(was it bottom of the 9th) and then pompei(another inning pinch running), not one out and the next batters are swinging for the fences. What the fuck. Ok fine, let them swing for the fences. But then let Revere and pompei at least steal the bases. It doesnt matter if they get caught, a homer(which every fucking batter seemed to be swinging for) would have ended the game. It gives you a shit load more options. A single, a fly ball, a wild pitch, it just screws with and changes formation's, possibilities. Give yourself more than just a one shot. Fuck.
Too many wanna be heroes and not enough play for the team.

Werd

I think some people looking at that photo are getting confused by the dirt being kicked up and not seeing where the edge of the bag actually is.

He might have been out, but "clearly" and "obviously" are being thrown around a bit often.

I'm just pissed off right now. As bad as the umpiring was(I don't know if I can say Odor was out 100%), the changing strike zone sucked massive balls, its just the managerial decisions that really got me pissed. I was venting at work when this shit was happening. Revere gets on(was it bottom of the 9th) and then pompei(another inning pinch running), not one out and the next batters are swinging for the fences. What the fuck. Ok fine, let them swing for the fences. But then let Revere and pompei at least steal the bases. It doesnt matter if they get caught, a homer(which every fucking batter seemed to be swinging for) would have ended the game. It gives you a shit load more options. A single, a fly ball, a wild pitch, it just screws with and changes formation's, possibilities. Give yourself more than just a one shot. Fuck.
Too many wanna be heroes and not enough play for the team.

Agreed. I'm tired of the whining about the ump. The replay was inconclusive and had Odor been out and the Rangers called a replay, the ruling would have stood. The Jays had plenty of chances to win this game with runners on, they didn't. End of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom