• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Is his early pulling of the baseball a common Bryant thing?
And if so, I wonder how early we will see the first defensive shift going to the 3rd base side of the field.

No, its nerves. Hes just seeing the ball early but swinging at bad pitches.

Ah I see. Just checking. Haven't seen THAT much of Bryant til he hit the majors and Spring Training, but it was pretty interesting to see he was early on all his fouls balls today and also pulled that last pitch to 3rd.

VRMN

Fraud ass White Sox.

Apparently the reason they didn't challenge was because Ventura didn't do so before a pinch runner was announced. Once the pinch runner was announced, the play was dead and could no longer be challenged.

So it was less he didn't want to challenge and more he couldn't due to him taking his sweet ass time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Unlucky Cubs. Got some bad calls today, but it was an entertaining game to watch for the neutral fan if that's any kind of consolation lol

As a Padres fan I will say that the pitch from that beard guy was definitely a strike by any reasonable metric. That said, you can't just leave something fat over the plate next pitch.

As a Padres fan I will say that the pitch from that beard guy was definitely a strike by any reasonable metric. That said, you can't just leave something fat over the plate next pitch.

Yea true. If anything, throw another borderline pitch and the Ump might actually give it to ya because he might think he made the wrong call first time round.

What a waste of a great start by Samardzija. Although it's surprising he did that well with no offspeed stuff. All he did was hang his slider and the Tigers couldn't do anything with his fastball.

Oh and Robin Ventura is clueless, but it's hard to look good as a manager if your 1-3 hitters can't hit a lick and the defense is suspect.

zychi

Banned
Unlucky Cubs. Got some bad calls today, but it was an entertaining game to watch for the neutral fan if that's any kind of consolation lol

This post summarizes Cubs fandom and how baseball fans react to the Cubs.

Welcome to baseball hell Bryant.

At least it's not Cleveland!

JDHarbs

Miss you, Billy :'(

867428838.gif

wbsmcs

Donaldson and Martin with their first homers for the Jays today!

Devon Travis is really impressing me too so far...looks like the Jays have their first competent second baseman since Aaron Hill circa 2006-2007.

Top Bottom