• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

BFIB

Was Trout this hyped up when he debuted? I remember it being like this for Harper and Strasburg.

Bob Carpenter's commentary for the Nats debut of Strasburg was hilarious.

"Who's your daddy!?"
"The best fastball I've ever seen!"
"The infield might just want to take a seat to admire this performance!"

Watching MLB Network and they're showing the White Sox feed of the Tigers/White Sox game. Nothing but dead air so far for the top of the 1st. A lot nicer than listening to Hawk speak.

It's sometimes easy to forget that Avisail Garcia is only 23 years old. He reminds me a lot of a more athletic Carlos Lee. Effortless home run to right field, that was impressive.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can't wait until Shields just pitches around Bryant to deflate the crowd.

zychi

Banned
And just like that, abc news cuts in to tell a religous- Cardinal based out of Chicago died.

That has to be a sign or a cruel joke by a Cardinal fan who works at ABC

Reyes has a fracture apparently.

so that's cool

The good news: more Ryan Goins in the field!

The bad news: more Ryan Goins at bat!

Though technically, they could replace him with a DH and let the pitchers hit instead. It's not like Dickey or Buerhle could be much worse.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Man, I really would rather have Rizzo than Cashner since Rizzo actually plays games.

LOL @ Theo Epstein.

To paraphrase: "We didn't really want to bring Bryant up yet, but injuries at 3rd base have forced our hand. If we had a choice, we would have waited until later in the year and brought him up during an away game to lessen some of the pressure on him. This has nothing to do with the CBA. He had plenty to work on in AAA still."

Kris Bryant, batting clean up at home, on the first day after the CBA loophole applies. Way to keep that pressure down, Theo!

Angry Grimace

Impressive. Most impressive.

(I'm talking about Shields' pitch sequence, obviously)

zychi

Banned
3 hours sleep.
Media in your face all day
Standing ovation for your first at bat
First at bat against the previous AL champ's ace
Apparently it was aired nationally too.

Earning that signing bonus.

Angry Grimace

Protip: don't hit it to straightaway center, its harder to hit a home run in that part of the ballpark.

This tip brought to you by Angry Grimace™

Angry Grimace

So Bryant struck-out? He didn't see a fastball in his AB I guess.

I doubt they're gonna show him many the entire series until he proves he has patience with the off-speed stuff. Butterflies and all that.

Top Bottom