• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

6hle8R.gif

God damn this is funny.

Chris R

How quickly do the King's Court tickets sell out? I'll be in Seattle twice this year and hope to finally see Felix pitch for a change, would be cool to get a shirt out of it as well.

Hey Royals fans, what's your take on Ventura?

I went to the game last week where he started yelling and coming after Trout for no reason I could think of (but he waited to walk towards Trout until Perez got in front of him iirc). Then, yesterday, he waits to plunk Lawrie until after he gives up a 5 spot and is about to get yanked anyway.

Then, instead of plunking the guy, getting the ball back and climbing back on the hill and being a pro about it while Lawrie jogs to first, he starts trying to get at Lawrie... but only after Perez got in front of him again.

Like, I dig the guy's stuff. It's fantastic. But he's starting to come across as a grade A hothead punk to me. Not quite Milton Bradley, but...

Am I wrong, Royals fans? Lawrie deserved the ball in his ribs, sure. No problem with that... hit the guy, move on. But Ventura's temper tantrums are... weird.

Am I wrong, Royals fans? Lawrie deserved the ball in his ribs, sure. No problem with that... hit the guy, move on. But Ventura's temper tantrums are... weird.

It's all bluster from Ventura. He's never going to throw a punch against anyone. He just wants to show his "passion," and the KC crowd eats it up. He got a standing O for hitting Lawrie and then walking towards him with his jaw flapping.

I find the whole unwritten machismo code-of-conduct stuff in baseball to be laughable. A bunch of millionaires getting paid to play one of the least physical sports trying to be all tough. Stop it.

A friend of mine who is a Cubs fan got mad at me when I said that Kris Bryant could be the next Ryan Braun. What am I supposed to say? Barry Bonds? A Barry Bonds-Brooks Robinson hybrid?
Fans and their hyped prospects are just the worst.

Same with White Sox fans who overhyped Gordon Beckham.

A friend of mine who is a Cubs fan got mad at me when I said that Kris Bryant could be the next Ryan Braun. What am I supposed to say? Barry Bonds? A Barry Bonds-Brooks Robinson hybrid?
Fans and their hyped prospects are just the worst.

Same with White Sox fans who overhyped Gordon Beckham.

I mean, I would love it if Bryant was prime Braun minus the roids.

Top Bottom