• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Malvingt2

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
braves plan to DFA quentin. can help an AL team. doesnt belong in NL. just balanced the $ in trade.

RBH

Hey guys! What's going on in this thread tod-

Kiley McDaniel ‏@kileymcd 59s59 seconds ago
Source: Braves have traded Craig Kimbrel and B.J. Upton to the Padres
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 33s34 seconds ago
Kimbrel and B.J. to #Padres. Maybin, Quentin, Wisler, one other and 41st pick to #Braves.

0125_t7uoi.gif

Holy shit.

zulux21

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
braves plan to DFA quentin. can help an AL team. doesnt belong in NL. just balanced the $ in trade.

if I recall right DFA would mean another team would be able to pick him up at league minimum while the braves would pay the rest of his salary right?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
The braves are going to have a shit ton of draft picks next year. going to be fun to watch.

aFIGurANT

BTW am I crazy in thinking that way more shit gets done in the MLB offseason than in any other sport? Cuz damn from Heyward to Kimbrel, this was a real fun winter.

Also these Cubs fans are way lacking in the class department. Saying your opponent sucks? Gracious me and mine....

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bernie Madoff.

I had forgotten about that. That sucks.

The Padres had no money for a while because the upfront part of our TV deal was taken in the sale by the old owner and the interim owners fucked us up pretty badly because it turned out they didn't have the money to either buy the team or pay any of the players.

Kingbrave

How are the Braves fans on Twitter so delusional? Do they really think that Kimbrel would help us have a winning season? Seriously?

How are the Braves fans on Twitter so delusional? Do they really think that Kimbrel would help us have a winning season? Seriously?

I think they are just upset at the near teardown of the team. I mean, for purely selfish reasons, I hate losing Kimbrel just because I enjoyed watching him close so much. But I completely understand why they would trade him.

Or they are that delusional.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Braves will be free of Quentin after 2015 (he is owed 8 mil, plus 3 mil buyout). Maybin is owed 7 mil for 2015, and 8 mil for 2016.

BJMelvin is owed like 46.5 mil or something
Kimbrel is owed 33 mil

The Braves don't even have to pay the buyout. Quentin didn't play enough games to trigger it.

Kingbrave

I think they are just upset at the near teardown of the team. I mean, for purely selfish reasons, I hate losing Kimbrel just because I enjoyed watching him close so much. But I completely understand why they would trade him.

Or they are that delusional.

I love him too. I liked Heyward better. That one still hurts. You're right. Fuck it, real baseball is here!

Enron

Banned

Talking chop is on suicide watch right now. Seriously, they should be happy. This is one of the best deals in Braves history.

Kingbrave

This is the funniest one I read and then I'll shut up:

"The Braved took "Release the Kimbrel" too literal"...

Talking chop is on suicide watch right now. Seriously, they should be happy. This is one of the best deals in Braves history.

Yeah, I was reading stuff from there and twitter and a few other sites. I had to stop. It's gonna take more than a Melvin and a closer to get us anywhere. Melvin is fun to say.

RBH

On the one hand, I'm really going to miss having Kimbrel on this team, and it's going to sting seeing him pitch his prime years on another team.

But on the other hand, it was a necessary move. No real point in having a closer like him on our team when we're in the midst of pretty much a complete overhaul and need as much money/picks as possible.

And we finally got rid of BJ Upton and his shitty contract!

0095_amen.gif

Angry Grimace

Much better than John Smoltz for Doyle Alexander

Sanjuro

Don't worry about it. There were plenty of "fans" asking me why I was jumping up and down when Sox/Dodgers trade was triggered.

Also, as a TV viewer...why the FUCK do I care about Chicago having a big tv?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

Are they? Most of them freaked out at first, but after getting the full details seem to be loving it. It's mostly just #BravesFam that's pissed.

Top Bottom