• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

zulux21

If he's suspended, it should be for instigating stuff with his mouth.

If they're going to suspend dudes for shoving, both teams will be calling up their entire AAA squad tomorrow. :p

:p I am saying I can see him be aggressive, I don't actually see any swings from him though.

though watching the video, when samarja went after the guy he was actually knocked down first and had multiple punches thrown at him including by this guy (the one just to the right of the ump, it's hard to get a punch clearly on screen)
pB0xZUY.jpg
and while he was down a couple more went after him so the actual list of fines is likely going to be a lot longer than just who was ejected today.

If you can still rewind on the White Sox coverage, some people are saying you can see Eaton call Ventura a "cocksucker" before Ventura shouts back "fuck you". I can't sweat on the KC coverage, but Ryan Lefebre has said a couple of times now that they have footage of Eaton shooting first but it's very lip readable so they can't show it.

they have shown ventura saying fuck you 3 times on the sox broadcast now (just again 45 seconds ago)... I highly doubt they actually have video of Eaton saying anything otherwise they would have shown it. not saying it's impossible Eaten said anything, but if he said anything loud enough for ventura to hear the ump would have heard and eaton would have likely been kicked as well.

that being said eaton's statement would be in frustration due to his low batting average and wouldn't have had any real meaning behind it (though if he did say something he shouldn't have), the correct response from ventura would have been just laughing it off knowing he got eaton again. (im sure pitchers get a damn you a lot of times when they have a come backer)

zulux21

The Royals are such a fucking embarrassment.

they have more HBP then they have games played, I can't blame them for being a bit riled up. Ventura reacted very poorly and should have handled things a lot better, but in general them being ready for a fight makes sense.

I'd say samarja is just as big of an embarrassment, thus overall I have to say
"The white sox are such a fucking embarrassment".... and I am a white sox fan o_O;

and to the 11th we go.

Both teams share blame for jackass behavior. Ventura is the top instigator. The Royals have every reason to be on edge this season, but Ventura needs to chill the hell out.

Phew...lucked out.

kris.

Banned
I fully embrace our heel turn as of late. If people wanna make out the Royals to be villains, fuck it. We still win either way.

zychi

Banned
Royals make the playoffs one year and they think they can shit talk. It's obviously the Royals fault AGAIN since this is with another team in two series.

Smardj doesn't fuck around. Sale was pissed at Yost. Couldn't see little Adam Eaton in the brawl.

MLB needs to make an example of both teams, more so KC because this is two brawls in less than a week.

zulux21

Both teams share blame for jackass behavior. Ventura is the top instigator. The Royals have every reason to be on edge this season, but Ventura needs to chill the hell out.

indeed, there is a difference between being on edge, and being a punk looking for a fight and ventura sure seems like he is a punk looking for a fight. Not that that is a horrible thing for a competitor, but he needs to learn there is a time and place before some goes hard into first when he is covering. (though he needs to learn how to properly cover, as that was ugly earlier in the game and all on ventura as he for some reason basically kicked at the runner like he was trying to tag him out with his foot o_O)

I fully embrace our heel turn as of late. If people wanna make out the Royals to be villains, fuck it. We still win either way.

for the record I have no issue with the royals in general, just with ventura's attitude :p

Can someone write out verbatim what Hawk was yelling during the brawl?

I posted the article with the video, you could try to figure it out.

Royals make the playoffs one year and they think they can shit talk. It's obviously the Royals fault AGAIN since this is with another team in two series.

Smardj doesn't fuck around. Sale was pissed at Yost. Couldn't see little Adam Eaton in the brawl.

MLB needs to make an example of both teams, more so KC because this is two brawls in less than a week.

I really want to know what sale and yost were talking about, I mean how do the ace of one team and the manger of the other end up talking/yelling at each other during a brawl when that ace wasn't pitching when the brawl started?

aFIGurANT

Can someone write out verbatim what Hawk was yelling during the brawl?

Check the link on the last page when you can cuz it's a long video.

To paraphrase Hawk was just nonplussed saying things like "This is a good one folks," and "If anyone wants a piece of Samardzija I'm sure he'll oblige." He ends by pretty much calling Ventura a punk like on this page.

Regardless the outcome of the game the new bullpen is really good. But the lineup is still MIA except Abreu. We basically need to keep this tied until he hits again and they can't walk him...

edit: Royals with some more BABIP luck. What new.

zulux21

Regardless the outcome of the game the new bullpen is really good. But the lineup is still MIA except Abreu. We basically need to keep this tied until he hits again and they can't walk him...

melky has been doing better, and flowers is doing better than expected. and the rookie second basemen has been ok. but yeah most of the line up is missing.

either way the sox need to keep it tied because I am not confident they can get a run off the KC bullpen before the 18th.

Check the link on the last page when you can cuz it's a long video.

To paraphrase Hawk was just nonplussed saying things like "This is a good one folks," and "If anyone wants a piece of Samardzija I'm sure he'll oblige." He ends by pretty much calling Ventura a punk like on this page.

I think it was Stoney that said "This is a good one folks."

zulux21

gah, pitchers need to remember that when the ball is hit on the right side of the field they need to get to first as quickly as possible @_@

heh 4th time the white sox broadcast has shown the fuck you now :p

zulux21

I'd rather have him try to park one than trying to bunt him over for Johnson or Eaton.

johnson is one of the better hitters on the team right now o_O
but yeah Eaton is showing nothing.

Stoney and Hawk huh? Sounds like the kind of guys that were probably broadcasting games during the depression which, given their gravelly tones, could mean that they've indeed been doing it that long.

hawk has been broadcasting since 1975, though he has a couple stops with different teams, and was the GM of the white sox for a season.
he has been with the white sox since 1990 though.

After his time on the links brought minimal compensation over the next few years, Harrelson turned to a broadcasting career beginning in 1975 with the Red Sox on WSBK-TV partnering with Dick Stockton.[2] He became highly popular, especially after being teamed with veteran play-by-play man Ned Martin in 1979, but after being publicly critical of player personnel decisions made by Boston co-owner Haywood Sullivan, Harrelson was fired at the close of the 1981 season.[citation needed]
Harrelson served as a Chicago White Sox announcer from 1982 to 1985 and briefly left broadcasting during the 1986 season to become the White Sox's General Manager. During his one season as GM, Harrelson fired field manager Tony La Russa (who was soon hired by the Oakland Athletics) and assistant general manager Dave Dombrowski (who became baseball's youngest general manager with the Montreal Expos just two years later). Harrelson also traded rookie Bobby Bonilla, later a six-time All-Star, to the Pittsburgh Pirates for pitcher José DeLeón.
During the 1987–1988 seasons, he was the play-by-play man for New York Yankees games on SportsChannel New York.[2]
From 1984–1989, Harrelson served as a backup color commentator on NBC's Game of the Week broadcasts alongside play-by-play man Jay Randolph. In 1994, Harrelson served as a broadcaster for the short-lived Baseball Network and was the US broadcaster for the Japan Series that aired through the Prime-SportsChannel regional networks.[2]

Harrelson returned to the White Sox in 1990 as the main play-by-play announcer during television broadcasts, teaming up with Tom Paciorek until 2000 and Darrin "DJ" Jackson from 2000 to 2008. In 2009, former Chicago Cubs color analyst Steve Stone, who broadcast with the late Baseball Hall of Fame broadcaster Harry Caray and later Chip Caray, began accompanying Harrelson in the television booth. During this time he won five Emmy Awards and two Illinois Sportscaster of the Year awards.[3]

We need someone to get one for Abreu. Pen is thinning out. I think only Albers and Rodon are left. And I think they really don't wanr Rodon to pitch. So it's Albers and then Emilio Bonifacio on the mound.

aFIGurANT

hawk has been broadcasting since 1975, though he has a couple stops with different teams, and was the GM of the white sox for a season.
he has been with the white sox since 1990 though.

Probably why he was so chill about the brawl. Things like that stop being tough and edgy and just get punkish past a certain age I imagine.

zulux21

We need someone to get one for Abreu. Pen is thinning out. I think only Albers and Rodon are left. And I think they really don't wanr Rodon to pitch. So it's Albers and then Emilio Bonifacio on the mound.

jake will likely come out for another inning. but yeah the white sox need to end this sooner rather than later as they will likely lose the battle of the bullpens.

jake will likely come out for another inning. but yeah the white sox need to end this sooner rather than later as they will likely lose the battle of the bullpens.

Franklin Morales comes in and he has been terrible for quite some time now, but the way the sox are swinging the bat now this likely won't matter.

zychi

Banned
I think it was Stoney that said "This is a good one folks."
It was. I dont like either announcer for the wsox, but they handled that fine. Both guys played, both guys have been around the game forever. Hawk favors his team. Theyre not gonna get crazy over a stupid baseball scuffle.

zychi

Banned
Is it freezing cold in Chicago? This crowd is so dead tonight.
The cell is always empty. They struggle to sell out the playoffs too. Great ballpark tho. Love paying $40 for 6th row first base line tix

E: plus bulls and hawks are in the playoffs and both playing today at the same time as wsox

JDHarbs

MLB has the game on right now. What happened to cause the brawl?
Ventura and Eaton exchanging words. Videos only show Ventura, but some say Eaton said something first. We don't know for sure. There's been bad blood between the teams all season so far with lots of HBPs and words from both sides.

MLB has the game on right now. What happened to cause the brawl?

Two HBP. Tensions rising. Ventura yelled FU at a dude after a simple grounder. He might have been called a cocksucker first...no proof.

Fake tough guy brawl ensues. Two most involved dudes were pitchers not even playing today.

Top Bottom