• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

JDHarbs

The Royals had one fluky season and now they act all tough?

Man what a joke of a team
Have you seen the stat of how many times they've been hit by a pitch this season? Its ridiculous. Doesn't matter what team you are or what you've done, that's going to make you mad and want to retaliate.

Have you seen the stat of how many times they've been hit by a pitch this season? Its ridiculous. Doesn't matter what team you are or what you've done, that's going to make you mad and want to retaliate.

Stop leaning all over the plate like all of their hitters do and this will stop or live with it. Ventura has now been involved in 3 altercations.

JDHarbs

Stop leaning all over the plate like all of their hitters do and this will stop or live with it. Ventura has now been involved in 3 altercations.
Wat? These pitches are being thrown at their heads and knees which is way outside the plate. And all of Ventura's altercations came after one of his own batters were hit earlier in those games.

The rest of the league is testing the Royals because they are the defending AL champs. They're trying to get into their heads and throw them off their game. It happens every season no matter what the team is. The Royals are younger so they haven't been able to handle it as well as more veteran teams that are used to it. Doesn't mean the opposing teams don't deserve it though.

And by the way, it started on day one with Smarja and the rest of the White Sox poking a bear they thought wouldn't poke back.

Ventura once again screaming like a madman at a player that had nothing to do with anything isn't poking back. It's embarrassing to the city, the organization and the game.

I blame this one squarely on Ventura. Looks like a clear, "Fuck you!" No need to talk shit like that after getting an easy out. You have to be the bigger man and he failed.

Samardzija coming in and douching it up didn't help.

I love baseball fights, by the way. A bunch of fake tough guys pushing and throwing pretend punches.

Ventura once again screaming like a madman at a player that had nothing to do with anything isn't poking back. It's embarrassing to the city, the organization and the game.

That's idiotic. Weren't you taking Lawrie's side on his jackass behavior a couple of days ago? There's no embarrassing of any city or the game of baseball. You sound like a 80 year old purist. 18 HBP, bro.

zulux21

I blame this one squarely on Ventura. Looks like a clear, "Fuck you!" No need to talk shit like that after getting an easy out. You have to be the bigger man and he failed.

Samardzija coming in and douching it up didn't help.

I love baseball fights, by the way. A bunch of fake tough guys pushing and throwing pretend punches.

I was confused at what happened, but that was a punk move by ventura. I don't mind defending players by hitting the other team, I get that, I don't remotely get why on a easy out you walk towards the guy and yell fuck you at that player. I hope he gets at least 10 games for that one (aka one missed start)

Samarja needs that as well for coming out swining.

I don't know why chris sale was ejected, I only saw him talking with the other manager... the others I am guessing is just because of what happened in the sea of people.

I was confused at what happened, but that was a punk move by ventura. I don't mind defending players by hitting the other team, I get that, I don't remotely get why on a easy out you walk towards the guy and yell fuck you at that player. I hope he gets at least 10 games for that one (aka one missed start)

Samarja needs that as well for coming out swining.

I don't know why chris sale was ejected, I only saw him talking with the other manager... the others I am guessing is just because of what happened in the sea of people.

I don't know what baseball's policy is on suspensions for trash talking. I can't imagine that would stick. Still a complete jackass move by him. No excuses.

I don't know what baseball's policy is on suspensions for trash talking. I can't imagine that would stick. Still a complete jackass move by him. No excuses.

Ugh, I can't watch the Sox/Royals game because apparently the Bulls, Blackhawks, and Sox are all on Comcast Sports Net and I only get two out of the three CSN channels.

That's idiotic. Weren't you taking Lawrie's side on his jackass behavior a couple of days ago? There's no embarrassing of any city or the game of baseball. You sound like a 80 year old purist.

Idiotic. Nice. Your... I guess you'd call it "passion" for your team is clouding your memory.

Compared to Ventura's whining and screaming from behind the protection of Perez, Lawrie looks like a true stand up guy.

Was what I said, which is hardly a commendation of the guy. Also thought that the slide, when looked at with the ball bouncing off the foot leading to the late throw to 2nd, did not absolutely look like intent to injure. Looked like the guy got caught by surprise that they were throwing to 2nd at all and had to slide in late.

It's only you Royals fans who can't look at anything rationally right now that are turning everything into some kind of War on KC. Get over yourselves.

"Idiotic" Real nice.

Eh, not everyone's players get suspended for classy stuff like throwing his helmet at an umpire.

Which has nothing at all to do with this situation, as you know.

zulux21

I am not sure either, but he was the direct cause of the fight, and after he got walked off towards the dug out he spun around and ran back and started fighting (at least I am pretty sure it was him) which would be more than enough to hand down a suspension. There is no reason to allow jackass moves like this and an example should be made.

I mean in general I don't mind trash talk to much, but there is a time and place for it... in the middle of an easy ground out on a player hitting below .200 isn't remotely one of them.

zulux21

Ah, they're saying now that Eaton said something to him first from the other angle.

they haven't said anything of the sort on the sox broadcast, but I wouldn't be surprised if eaton said something like "damn it." As I said he is batting under .200. If he had said anything all that bad he would have been ejected as there was no way the ump didn't hear what he said and Ventura did.

I had to step away from the Blue Jays game after the sixth, because of a ton of dishes that needed to be done at an inopportune time, so I missed the final few innings.

It was surprising when my Old Man told me it was 7-6 at the end. Hendriks sucks, though, and the Jays' bullpen is definitely an area that needs work ASAP.

SWEEP, though! Fuck Baltimore. Dirty asshats.

Idiotic. Nice. Your... I guess you'd call it "passion" for your team is clouding your memory.

It's only you Royals fans who can't look at anything rationally right now that are turning everything into some kind of War on KC. Get over yourselves.

"Idiotic" Real nice.

I said what you wrote about embarrassing a city was idiotic. It was. We're talking baseball here. I didn't call you an idiot. And I have a victim mentality?

Rationally? Like where I said it was clearly Ventura's fault and a jackass move? That kind of rationality?

Get over yourself, indeed.

I am not sure either, but he was the direct cause of the fight, and after he got walked off towards the dug out he spun around and ran back and started fighting (at least I am pretty sure it was him) which would be more than enough to hand down a suspension. There is no reason to allow jackass moves like this and an example should be made.

I mean in general I don't mind trash talk to much, but there is a time and place for it... in the middle of an easy ground out on a player hitting below .200 isn't remotely one of them.

Agreed. I think he ran back when the opposing pitcher ran in off the bench swinging. I'm sure MLB is going to review every second of the altercation.

Meh, Meant "you" in the general sense (Royals fans screaming like they're at Wrestlemania over the weekend). Didn't mean you directly. So I apologize for that.

Anyways.

think Ventura needs to get his ass kicked

he's clearly looking for it

Would be funny to see him immediately look for Perez so he can run and hide behind him.

Yeah I think Samardzija will be suspended
CDUuJzVVIAAUSux.jpg

If you can still rewind on the White Sox coverage, some people are saying you can see Eaton call Ventura a "cocksucker" before Ventura shouts back "fuck you". I can't see it on the KC coverage, but Ryan Lefebre has said a couple of times now that they have footage of Eaton shooting first but it's very lip readable so they can't show it.

Top Bottom