• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

This was a stupid decision, Terry.

89c.gif

Harvey must be pissed. Id Be too.

Yeah 4 in a row, and we have outscored opposing teams 25-5.

Hopefully we can complete the sweep tomorrow, and then give the Mets some payback. We won't see deGrom or Harvey either!

I just put on the Marlins game in the end there and literally just caught a replay of Adeiny of all people crushing one out. I was like 'yup, Marlins are on fire'.

Why so paranoid? Pitchers have the same chance of getting hurt on pitch #1 or pitch #110.

First off that's not true.

Second, I'm paranoid because blatant mis-management by a coaching staff should not be applauded or jsut brushed off. Does Harvey have a lower chance of hurting his arm because he already had TJS? Statistically yes. Does leaving a pitcher who already has a foot injury to stay on the mound for an entire game make sense when you're winning by five runs? No. Not in any way shape or form.

This isn't an isolated issue. This is a culmination of the fact that Terry cannot manage a pitching staff to save his life, and it's cost us some very very good pitchers because of it.

Pitch counts exist for a reason. Also, you're familiar with this team's injury history, yes?

Pitchers drop like flies here because of mis-management.

Wheeler threw 120 pitches in a game last year, he broke 100 five times, he threw more than any other pitcher under-25 in all of baseball. Terry should have taken his minor league pitch counts and innings into account, but he didn't. And now he's done until June next year at best.

This isn't 1980 anymore, pitchers throw harder, put more strain on their elbows, and have PED's in their systems which weakens the tendons (everybody juices). BP's exist to save your starters from injury and fatigue.

I really don't see a problem. I'm pretty sure they will continue to monitor him.

You really don't see a problem with leaving a guy that's already injured, already hurt his arm, already has an innings limit, out there in a meaningless game in April that we already won?

The Verlanders and Shieldsssss are pretty rare nowadays indeed.

Verlander is a TEXTBOOK example of how mis-management of a pitcher can destroy him.

Because pitchers are getting babied. Dude threw 100 pitches get him out cause his elbow will explode on pitch 101.

It's less about the pitch count for me and more about how pulling a move like that is a lack of faith in Harvey.

Terry left him in, so let him finish the game. Dont second guess the decision after the fact.

Because pitchers are getting babied. Dude threw 100 pitches get him out cause his elbow will explode on pitch 101.

It has 0 to do with pitchers being "babied". It's a proven fact that strain on the elbow and joints increases after every pitch. Why exacerbate that for a meaningless game in September?

Verlander pitched himself into being nothing but a #5 starter/BP long man. Tim Lincecum destroyed his arm, Matt Cain did, Mad Bum is on the path there.

It's a big deal because it's indicative of a wider issue with our manager.

BFIB

Just flipped on the Cards game and Waino is down and had trouble walking off the field.

Yadi tonight, Waino today. What did you put in the water Eznark?

cashman

Banned
More details on the Hamilton deal:

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Rangers deal for Josh Hamilton a total no-brainer. @Evan_P_Grant reporting they'll pay only $7M for three years, add opt-out after 2nd year.

I'm much happier with this number if true.

Top Bottom