• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

cashman

Banned
It's not like there's any expectation to be good this year. They should try for the number 1 pick like they were doing last year before Tim Bogar fucked it up.

Malo

Banned
He fields as well as Didi. Bring him back!
AzFDu4m.jpg

We'll survive but suddenly the Cubs threat to take the division goes from "only if most of their young guys meet/exceed expectations" to "fuck, it could actually happen"

aFIGurANT

The Wainwright thing being a problem because we've pretty much graduated the majority of our Lunhow draftees and now we're waiting on the second batch that Kantrovitch(iirc) drafted. If Marco is really hurt, that's pretty huge in terms of depth. I'm confidant in the rest of the guys but still, the road is now much tougher. Too bad that next uber prospect Reyes has pitched like 12 professional innings and is in I think A ball and the rest are just mid-level guys in AA or AAA.

BFIB

The Wainwright thing being a problem because we've pretty much graduated the majority of our Lunhow draftees and now we're waiting on the second batch that Kantrovitch(iirc) drafted. If Marco is really hurt, that's pretty huge in terms of depth. I'm confidant in the rest of the guys but still, the road is now much tougher. Too bad that next uber prospect Reyes has pitched like 12 professional innings and is in I think A ball and the rest are just mid-level guys in AA or AAA.

Welcome to the rotation Carlos Villenueva!

tc8lNe3.gif

those pirates tho :3
Yeah, they have a chance too. But what makes the Cubs scarier is their ability to make big moves at the deadline if they're in contention. They have prospects to move and money to absorb bad contracts, if needed. But maybe they'll play like crap over the next 3 months and make that a moot point.

Yup, this'll be my last Indians game for a while except for the occasional matinee/afternoon and Kluber games. Fuck this team, ain't staying up til the middle of the night for this shit.

BFIB

Good things happened last time Wainwright missed a season

this sucks, but the cardinals have some pretty strong pitching depth

They'll make it through, but this means we need a big year out of Wacha and C-Mart. That is a lot to put on two guys that have yet to pitch a full season in the majors. You also expected Waino to pitch his usual 190-200 innings, which is not going to happen.

They'll make it through, but this means we need a big year out of Wacha and C-Mart. That is a lot to put on two guys that have yet to pitch a full season in the majors. You also expected Waino to pitch his usual 190-200 innings, which is not going to happen.

Yeah, I do think the cardinals will probably try to acquire a starter to eat innings.

There's Lyons, Cooney, and Gonzales (plus Garcia but I count on nothing from him) who will all probably make an appearance. Maybe even Andrew Morales if they feel like they need to. Maybe with the exception of Cooney, I don't think any of them would be able to pitch a full season's load

harSon

Banned
Yeah, they have a chance too. But what makes the Cubs scarier is their ability to make big moves at the deadline if they're in contention. They have prospects to move and money to absorb bad contracts, if needed. But maybe they'll play like crap over the next 3 months and make that a moot point.

Yeah, the Cubs are destined for greatness unfortunately. Best farm system in the league, and more then enough money to fill in the gaps :(

BFIB

Yeah, I do think the cardinals will probably try to acquire a starter to eat innings.

There's Lyons, Cooney, and Gonzales (plus Garcia but I count on nothing from him) who will all probably make an appearance. Maybe even Andrew Morales if they feel like they need to. Maybe with the exception of Cooney, I don't think any of them would be able to pitch a full season's load

Mo is Mo, and he's not going to panic. I fully expect them to patchwork this along with a combination of said pitchers above.

Lynn, Lackey should be able to handle the innings, but if one of those goes down, then yeah, Cards are in it deep. Amaro is probably licking his chops right about now.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Nobody touches Harvey.

I'm not going to allow the Mets to make another Scott Kazmir mistake.
I've already accepted that the Yankees will be signing him in free agency. Unless the Wilpons sell the team, the Mets will never be able to afford his contract.

Wow the Nationals continue to impress me with how bad they are on defense. Stanton got caught between third and home, but somehow he made it back to 3rd base, because the Nat's catcher decided to try and tag him, rather than throwing to the 3rd baseman.

Hechavarria then hit a 3 run triple the next at bat.

Top Bottom