• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

aFIGurANT

I gotta read up on that. Someone posted an article earlier.

I'm not sure if this is the best article about it but I think it is. Blew my mind a bit and made the guy seem very very inept or at the best overzealous. Supposedly the game that did come out of it was OK, but that's besides the point.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm not sure if this is the best article about it but I think it is. Blew my mind a bit and made the guy seem very very inept or at the best overzealous. Supposedly the game that did come out of it was OK, but that's besides the point.

The game that came out wasn't the main project Schilling was trying to get out. He wanted to release the next big MMO to take down WoW, KoA was done by Big Huge Games after Schlling acquired them. BHG were already working on a RPG and they retooled it to fit the MMO universe that was being built by the main studio.

aFIGurANT

The game that came out wasn't the main project Schilling was trying to get out. He wanted to release the next big MMO to take down WoW, KoA was done by Big Huge Games after Schlling acquired them. BHG were already working on a RPG and they retooled it to fit the MMO universe that was being built by the main studio.

Yes that's true. The last attempt to stave off the bankruptcy and pissed off investors (the local govt included?) was to cling on to another studio's upcoming production. All it did was delay an inevitable and colossal loss of reputation. Cue the cancer and everything else and I'm at least glad he's apparently OK now that the dust has settled. It's just too bad he had to lose everything in the process.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
CB4iT3NWEAEZgJd.jpg
Ouch.

JDeluis

I went to the Dodgers game on Saturday and the ambience seemed very dead compared to last year. Less music being played throughout the game and walk up music lasted about 3 seconds for every player. Must be due to to the new pace of play. The saddest being what i read today,

LA Times

Missing will be the soothing sound of a ballpark organ, as 28-year veteran Nancy Bea Hefley's workload has been reduced to one song during the actual game. One. She waits for seven innings, plays "Take Me Out to the Ballgame," and goes home.

Also new rule that you're not able to get a pass to purchase food on the lower level if you sit in the upper levels. Employee read me the rule out of new rule book. Still posted on their website that you're able to get a pass.

DarkFlow

Banned
I went to the Dodgers game on Saturday and the ambience seemed very dead compared to last year. Less music being played throughout the game and walk up music lasted about 3 seconds for every player. Must be due to to the new pace of play. The saddest being what i read today,

Also new rule that you're not able to get a pass to purchase food on the lower level if you sit in the upper levels. Employee read me the rule out of new rule book. Still posted on their website that you're able to get a pass.
How the hell do they even know? Do they check tickets to even let you down to the lower level now? That seems stupid.

JDeluis

How the hell do they even know? Do they check tickets to even let you down to the lower level now? That seems stupid.

Yes. There is security on at every stair and elevator around the stadium. You're also not able enter through the lower levels if your ticket is for upper levels. You have to enter through you designated gate. Brian Stow incident changed a lot of things.

And new policy of all stadiums having metal detectors doesn't seem that different at Dodgers Stadium this year.

DarkFlow

Banned
Yes. There is security on at every stair and elevator around the stadium. You're also not able enter through the lower levels if your ticket is for upper levels. You have to enter through you designated gate. Brian Stow incident changed a lot of things.

And new policy of all stadiums having metal detectors doesn't seem that different at Dodgers Stadium this year.

Well that blows. Half the fun of going to a baseball game is walking around the park.

Not too down after the loss. Lester has to get his command back and they need to work on defensive communication. Also needs to practice throwing to bases. If the strike zone is that bad every night they aren't going to win a game because the Cubs strike out a lot. Bullpen looks really good. I'll chalk this one up to one of the feast or famine games we are supposed to have.

BFIB

A few thoughts on the Cards/Cubs Opener:

-Really nice of the Cubs to have a moment of silence for Oscar Taveras. Even though he was only with the Cards last year, kind of odd not having him out in RF.
-Cards trend of not getting the big hit when needed looks to be carrying over from last year. Media is making it sound like the Cubs lost 12-0, but the Cards did what they could to give the Cubs their opportunities.
-Why on earth did the Cubs not preplan the bathroom situation? I've been to Wrigley more than enough times to know that even if all the bathrooms are open in the ballpark, it still takes a good 5-10 minute wait to get in.
-The jumbotron looks awful in Wrigley.
-Heyward is going to play himself right out of what St. Louis will be willing to go I think.

Because we're too happy in general and need to balance things out by getting depressed every Sunday evening and feel how it's like in the USA.

The factory of sadness that is Cleveland needs to be lived to be truly understood.

Yankees are going to pay Heyward sooooooooo much money.

Or, oddly enough, the Braves have oodles of money now with the Upton's and Kimbrel gone, wouldn't surprise me at all to see him back there.

Even with the off season acquisitions and the signing of Yelich and Stanton, I am still weary of Loria being up to his old tricks again. That being said, I am really looking forward to watching the Marlins this season.

Malvingt2

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Hart tells @DOBrienAJC that #Braves were “pursued, not pursuers” on Kimbrel. Enough with the shopping/listening semantics. They made trade!

A few thoughts on the Cards/Cubs Opener:

-Really nice of the Cubs to have a moment of silence for Oscar Taveras. Even though he was only with the Cards last year, kind of odd not having him out in RF.
-Cards trend of not getting the big hit when needed looks to be carrying over from last year. Media is making it sound like the Cubs lost 12-0, but the Cards did what they could to give the Cubs their opportunities.
-Why on earth did the Cubs not preplan the bathroom situation? I've been to Wrigley more than enough times to know that even if all the bathrooms are open in the ballpark, it still takes a good 5-10 minute wait to get in.
-The jumbotron looks awful in Wrigley.
-Heyward is going to play himself right out of what St. Louis will be willing to go I think.

Did Motte look alright to you?
Seemed like his velo was pretty good.

Top Bottom