• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Cystm

Not too down after the loss. Lester has to get his command back and they need to work on defensive communication. Also needs to practice throwing to bases. If the strike zone is that bad every night they aren't going to win a game because the Cubs strike out a lot. Bullpen looks really good. I'll chalk this one up to one of the feast or famine games we are supposed to have.

ST is ST, but I was hoping they would come out ready to play ball, but instead they looked like the the enormity of the hype surrounding them this year had them shook. Soler in particular.

I think Lester was off too in part from the hype. It did not help that the fans at Wrigley were gasping and moaning every time the guy threw a ball out of the strike zone. Like he was going to come out and throw a perfect game right out of the gate.

Compounding all of that is the botched renovation job.

"It's opening day! It's totally cool to have the bathroom situation not taken care of yet! Should we counter measure in any way at all? Noooooooo! Fans will be patient and understanding that they are missing three innings while waiting to take a piss!" Wrigley looked like shit. The Jumbo tron out there looked ridiculous and I loved how the terrible commenters for ESPN were going on about how great the part looked when out in left all they had laying down were sheets of OSB.

I really want to see a statement from Ricketts. I want to see him apologize and make amends to the people forced to piss in their $10 beer cups or take a "pass" to a neighboring business just to piss.

So ready for the White Sox opener, Leftovers from yesterday's barbecue, Chips, a six pack of beer and I try not to overreact to whatever happens on the field and just enjoy the ride.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Beyond excited for opening day, though I'm a Rockies fan and well... lol shit usually goes south from here. You'd think with the best offense in baseball we'd manage to win more than 66 fucking games this year. Pitching needs to show up. would absolutely love an opening day win.

Sanjuro

Opening Day dogs!

nXTfCQCb.jpg

mMe3iRHb.jpg

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Headed to Piroshky Piroshky and then over to Safeco for opening day. Go Mariners!

Dear Sonny Gray's curveball,

I've been a long time admirer of yours. The way you move... I... I can't stop myself from feeling things. Like the first time I tasted pepperoni pizza, or Lagunitas Pale Ale. Or seeing my first rainbow. You are the moon, the stars, the sun. When I point my finger to the moon, I do not look at my finger, for I would miss the glory that is your 12-6 arc.

Hold me, Sonny Gray's curveball, because I love you.

gray_beltre_zjwlvjeo.gif

Malo

Banned
A-Rod got the loudest cheers today. I wonder how long that's going to last
until he strikes out in first ab

Watching Brian Dozier do the intro on the Twins broadcast is painful and beautiful.

"You call him Joe Mauer, I call him The Stud."

aFIGurANT

Has Cabrera always worn a gay-ass diamond stud in his promo shots or have I just been under a rock? That Little Caesar's money well-spent I guess.

Ricker

Good,they dont have that big rectangle in front of the mound like in last night's game,its ok at times and the one with the back view was cool but I prefer without it...

Fatalah

Man, Tanaka reminds me of Mussina! Awesome control.

Has Cabrera always worn a gay-ass diamond stud in his promo shots or have I just been under a rock? That Little Caesar's money well-spent I guess.

Dude, watch yourself with the language. We're not neanderthals, just because we follow sports.

aFIGurANT

Good,they dont have that big rectangle in front of the mound like in last night's game,its ok at times and the one with the back view was cool but I prefer without it...

That shit was brutal. ESPN needs to just do the Blue Jays thing and have it off to the side where it can show the whole AB.

Dude, watch yourself with the language. We're not neanderthals, just because we follow sports.

Well he wears it in the left ear, that's a gay thing no? I know he'd beat my ass with a bat in a second if he read it but I don't think Miggy is one of the MLB players who browses GAF unlike (according to SWIM) A-rod.

Top Bottom