• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

zroid

Banned
I love how, of all the games that could've been nationally televised here this afternoon, they decided to go with not one but BOTH Yankees Split Squad games

Thanks for the new thread! :)
It's time for some Giants baseball!!!!!!
2015 odd year, come at us!!!!
Ar9n49T.png

7Ugslyt.gif

hEnLTVP.gif

aFIGurANT

So ESPN plans on keeping that K zone thing up during most pitches during the season...ugh. Its so annoying....replay is fine, we don't need it distracting me on half the game though.

Really? Pitch f/x is the only way to live it man.

And Cubs GAF, it's ON. I prayed hard to my satanic alter last night and the magic is back for the fifth year running. Also the projected win variance for the Cubs is super high according to Grantland meaning that they will need a lot to go right to be up there in September but if even a few things go poorly, they'll sink pretty quick. Should be fun to watch the Centrals this year.

Really? Pitch f/x is the only way to live it man.

And Cubs GAF, it's ON. I prayed hard to my satanic alter last night and the magic is back for the fifth year running. Also the projected win variance for the Cubs is super high according to Grantland meaning that they will need a lot to go right to be up there in September but if even a few things go poorly, they'll sink pretty quick. Should be fun to watch the Centrals this year.

Personally I hate the pitchtrax (what they call it in Canada for Jays games). I'll flip over to another feed in hopes I don't have to put up with it. I tell Canadians it's basically the equivalent of the 90s when the NHL started colouring the puck for American audiences. It's distracting and stupid as the strikezone varies from umpire to umpire.

zroid

Banned
Probably the second most popular team in Canada behind the Jays. However some of the people who proclaim themselves as fans know very little about the team.

Really, I thought it'd be more closely aligned geographically to the nearest team south of the border. Red Sox popular in the Maritimes, Mariners popular in BC, etc. (other than the Jays of course)

3N16MA

Banned
Really, I thought it'd be more closely aligned geographically to the nearest team south of the border. Red Sox popular in the Maritimes, Mariners popular in BC, etc. (other than the Jays of course)

Yankees are going to capture a lot of casual fans simply because of who they are. Kind of like the Cowboys.

However with that you get a bunch of fans who know very little outside of watching a few games and buying some merchandise.

Parch

This is Canada though, lol
I'm guessing SN has a deal with the YES network to show any of their games. During the season SNW shows a lot of Dodger games, so it's probably just whatever deals they work out with the various regional broadcasters.

Yay baseball. Boo to the stupid fucking drama in the fantasy baseball threads on yahoo. Jesus Christ I get a new email each time something is posted. Its the worst. The worst.

If we can stay away from the Cardinals we have a chance for the World Series!!

Also Giants is old news. Bring on the DBacks. We splashing in the pool again!!
Come at us!!

zychi

Banned
The blindness of ChicagoCubsFan makes my day whenever he posts positive things.

It will be rough to watch his happy baseball soul get crushed this season. Nothing ever goes right for the Cubs. Oh to be an innocent new Cubs fan and not understand the pessimism involved with the team.

Cubs really need to put Murphy's law on one of those ugly things they decide to put in the "new" bleachers.

BFIB

It will be rough to watch his happy baseball soul get crushed this season. Nothing ever goes right for the Cubs. Oh to be an innocent new Cubs fan and not understand the pessimism involved with the team.

Cubs really need to put Murphy's law on one of those ugly things they decide to put in the "new" bleachers.

As a Cards fan, I'd be more than happy to buy you an Old Style draft during a game at Wrigley.

I'll admit, its gonna be tough to go against my lifelong hate of the Cubs to not root for their success here. Club is stocked w/ talent.

zychi

Banned
As a Cards fan, I'd be more than happy to buy you an Old Style draft during a game at Wrigley.

I'll admit, its gonna be tough to go against my lifelong hate of the Cubs to not root for their success here. Club is stocked w/ talent.

Sadly, you can't buy Old Style at Wrigley anymore. It's all Bud products now. There's maybe 1 vendor in the whole place that sells it. Not sure if they updated the agreement from last year.

100 years of failure means nothing with the present team.
Kris Bryant + Joe Maddon is going to be fun for the next 10 years.

I don't know what's more amusing: chicagocubsfan's unbridled optimism or your unwillingness to believe in your team because they're the Cubs lol

That franchise is in better shape than it has been in a long, long time.

Yankee council. our wayward son, Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez is back and ready to prove doubters wrong. his glorious power and intoxicating zest for Baseball shall infect the rest of the New York Yankees and lead them to our rightful place atop the baseball world!

they've doubted the council brothers. they said we don't post enough, that we have constant bickering and infighting. that I've had attempts on my life daily, that Kev tried to ban us all and bring in carpetbaggers.

none of this could be further from the truth. the council is strong, Yankee fandom is stronger than ever, CC is back to eating captain crunch, Tanaka's arm is strong, Gregorious shall be glorious. there will be many Tex messages this season and the trapper keeper will guide our manager into making the right decisions. the A-bombs from A-Rod shall rain down on our hated opponents and all will be humbled by the return of the empire.

LET'S GO YANKEES!!! *clap clap clap clap*

Can't wait for the Jays to have their mid-May surge.

It won't lead anywhere, and injuries/a lack of depth/bad luck will sink them by July, but I'm looking forward to that brief period when it seems like the longest playoffs-less streak in North America might have a chance of coming to an end. I'm not allowing myself to get sucked in this year, but it'll still be nice to see good, quality baseball for a few weeks before the inevitable mediocrity sinks in.

Anyone want to share their predicted standings?

jbug617

Banned
Red Sox send Rusney down to Pawtucket. Him and Bradley will share CF and RF.

Rotation for the Phillies:
Buchholz
Porcello
Masterson

Miley is going to start against the NYY.

zychi

Banned
I don't know what's more amusing: chicagocubsfan's unbridled optimism or your unwillingness to believe in your team because they're the Cubs lol

That franchise is in better shape than it has been in a long, long time.

They will be fun to watch, but he doesn't realize how hard it is to win a championship. I believe in Theo, and I believe they can make the playoffs next season when everyone is settled and expectations drop again. Everyone forgets that we're in STL divsion, and PIT is good again. The Royals proved you just have to get to the dance, we're still too young to do it, and Lester isn't an ace, all Red Sox fans know this to be true. Lester was signed to win in the playoffs, gotta get there first.

spr20040405.jpg

Prediction: Arrieta will have a better statistical season than Lester this year.

e: can we please bury "go cubs go" too? shit is so stupid.

another four scoreless innings for Matt Harvey. The Dark Knight is back!! definitely need to head to Citi after the opener. tickets still cheap

Not too happy that opening day is the pillsbury throwboy, but it's better than no baseball at all!

deGrom day after doe *heavy breathing ensues*

They will be fun to watch, but he doesn't realize how hard it is to win a championship. I believe in Theo, and I believe they can make the playoffs next season when everyone is settled and expectations drop again. Everyone forgets that we're in STL divsion, and PIT is good again. The Royals proved you just have to get to the dance, we're still too young to do it, and Lester isn't an ace, all Red Sox fans know this to be true. Lester was signed to win in the playoffs, gotta get there first.

http://www.sicovers.com/data/default/images/catalog/large/spr20040405.jpg/IMG]

Prediction: Arrieta will have a better statistical season than Lester this year.

e: can we please bury "go cubs go" too? shit is so stupid.[/QUOTE]

I think Arrieta is a sure fire top flight ace pitcher so him having a good year wouldn't shock me.

BigAT

Yankee council. our wayward son, Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez is back and ready to prove doubters wrong. his glorious power and intoxicating zest for Baseball shall infect the rest of the New York Yankees and lead them to our rightful place atop the baseball world!

they've doubted the council brothers. they said we don't post enough, that we have constant bickering and infighting. that I've had attempts on my life daily, that Kev tried to ban us all and bring in carpetbaggers.

none of this could be further from the truth. the council is strong, Yankee fandom is stronger than ever, CC is back to eating captain crunch, Tanaka's arm is strong, Gregorious shall be glorious. there will be many Tex messages this season and the trapper keeper will guide our manager into making the right decisions. the A-bombs from A-Rod shall rain down on our hated opponents and all will be humbled by the return of the empire.

LET'S GO YANKEES!!! *clap clap clap clap*

806438685.gif

Well said brother.

Top Bottom