• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

BFIB

m6AHjQi.gif

Its an odd year.

Giants will be a B+ at best.

Malo

Banned
Yankee council. our wayward son, Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez is back and ready to prove doubters wrong. his glorious power and intoxicating zest for Baseball shall infect the rest of the New York Yankees and lead them to our rightful place atop the baseball world!

they've doubted the council brothers. they said we don't post enough, that we have constant bickering and infighting. that I've had attempts on my life daily, that Kev tried to ban us all and bring in carpetbaggers.

none of this could be further from the truth. the council is strong, Yankee fandom is stronger than ever, CC is back to eating captain crunch, Tanaka's arm is strong, Gregorious shall be glorious. there will be many Tex messages this season and the trapper keeper will guide our manager into making the right decisions. the A-bombs from A-Rod shall rain down on our hated opponents and all will be humbled by the return of the empire.

LET'S GO YANKEES!!! *clap clap clap clap*
This post man...

tumblr_nawa2bLAYS1qcluu2o2_250.gif

anyone gonna pull a Dempster and bean A-Gawd?
I hope they do so that A-Rod can take them deep as well.

rando14

Yankee council. our wayward son, Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez is back and ready to prove doubters wrong. his glorious power and intoxicating zest for Baseball shall infect the rest of the New York Yankees and lead them to our rightful place atop the baseball world!

they've doubted the council brothers. they said we don't post enough, that we have constant bickering and infighting. that I've had attempts on my life daily, that Kev tried to ban us all and bring in carpetbaggers.

none of this could be further from the truth. the council is strong, Yankee fandom is stronger than ever, CC is back to eating captain crunch, Tanaka's arm is strong, Gregorious shall be glorious. there will be many Tex messages this season and the trapper keeper will guide our manager into making the right decisions. the A-bombs from A-Rod shall rain down on our hated opponents and all will be humbled by the return of the empire.

DiSV4bD.jpg

ARod gonna break Bonds' HR mark this year, BOOK IT

jbug617

Banned
Suspension for the Braves. He was acquired in the offseason from the Cubs.

@Ken_Rosenthal: MLB announces that #Braves RHP Arodys Vizcaino has been suspended 80 games after testing positive for Stanozolol, a PED. @JeffPassan 1st.

iqIWZ6vbf8tNF.png

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I was skimming my TL and saw this tweet, thought it was done. After my first post, I saw the tweets from Bowman and Piecoro that said there were just discussions happening.

Yankees signed him as a IFA.
Oooo yeah forgot about that.

Vasquez deal right?

aFIGurANT

Personally I hate the pitchtrax (what they call it in Canada for Jays games). I'll flip over to another feed in hopes I don't have to put up with it. I tell Canadians it's basically the equivalent of the 90s when the NHL started colouring the puck for American audiences. It's distracting and stupid as the strikezone varies from umpire to umpire.

Meh I'd rather have the knowledge that the call was borderline and the ump had to make a choice over being fooled by my own perception. Even more cool to me, though, is seeing the progression of pitches laid out and then guessing which spot is going to get hit next. I mean if you have a good memory (which I guess I don't), you can start to notice trends in umps and pitch selection, but it's just a nice tool IMO.

Meh I'd rather have the knowledge that the call was borderline and the ump had to make a choice over being fooled by my own perception. Even more cool to me, though, is seeing the progression of pitches laid out and then guessing which spot is going to get hit next. I mean if you have a good memory (which I guess I don't), you can start to notice trends in umps and pitch selection, but it's just a nice tool IMO.

I think it's neat. If they add pitch/fx stuff too it it'll be even cooler (but ESPN hates analytics because it's "nerd shit" so it'll never happen).

Also Cahill is expected to be traded to the Barves.

looooooooooooool.

jbug617

Banned
the deal is done.
@Dbacks: OFFICIAL: #Dbacks acquire MiLB outfielder Josh Elander, Braves #13 prospect entering 2014, for Trevor Cahill and cash considerations.

@mlbbowman: One source said the #Braves will be responsible for $5.5M of Cahill's $12M salary.

Enron

Banned
cahill trade is whatever. not sure why it was needed but whatever. Seems like if you didnt want two leftys in the rotation in a row, just move one of them up. only 5.5 mil for one year so not bad.

aFIGurANT

It's funny because if this happens three months ago everyone is flipping over cars and shit in at least one corner of the internet. Today we're just like "Who Gives a Shit - let's play some baseball."

This is how we know the winter is over, officially, and I approve.

Well nobody cares about the Diamondbacks anyway.

Except for their deadly concession food.

On a sadder note, it looks like the Dodgers are trying to kill each other.

3N16MA

Banned

Minnesota+Twins+v+New+York+Yankees+Game+2+HK64BmaOC8jl.jpg

If only A-Rod could once again combine his powers with Kate Hudson. She brought out the best in him
along with gummies

I think the Cahill trade is the death blow for Mike Minor as a starter, his injuries are too bad and nagging to ever last full time in that role.

zroid

Banned
My favourite moment of Spring Training was probably watching Dickey step up to bat and basically refuse to swing. After a couple pitches it pretty much became apparent he wasn't going to swing at anything. :lol

(yes he was struck out)

ESPN is making a documentary about Matt Harvey called The Dark Knight Rises.
The preview they were showing had the music from TDK in the background lol.

RBH

066eb6200a0783752ad57f272b89c0ae.jpg

d78b0c9297945f8b728a4a7a3541c97b.jpg

5af0a9a292c606288a247734d3dfc290.jpg

809f077dd6aa10b8f4fb0ce2ede9c65a.jpg

64562455192a6fa87aab731b5966a85e.jpg

b9220176b8fb64f3695ab32c26f98059.jpg

6a769691e1ac45d657db82f49c639e9d.jpg

ee5f897566a05c3a7ee2ae12e3ad99ad.jpg

The Atlanta Braves and the Goldbergs Group had a ceremonial grand opening today of a second Atlanta Braves All Star Grill, located at 200 Peachtree Street in downtown Atlanta.

Capitalizing on the success of the original Atlanta Braves All Star Grill located in the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, the Goldbergs Group and the Atlanta Braves pursued a second location in the heart of the city. The new location will feature a chef-inspired menu and exceptional service, with a sports-museum atmosphere.

The 8,500 square-foot restaurant pays tribute to the Atlanta Braves greats with replica lockers; features memorabilia and photos from the last 50 years in Atlanta; and is decorated with a brick façade that will make guests feel like they're at a ballgame. The restaurant is also complete with leather glove booths, an interactive pitching cage and a Braves merchandise store.

The chef-inspired menu will include favorites from Goldbergs Deli breakfast, gourmet burgers, ahi tuna tacos and a full bar which will feature Atlanta Braves themed cocktails. The restaurant will be open from 7 a.m. - midnight, Monday-Sunday.

zychi

Banned
All these mediocre teams in Georgia getting new stadiums, and my mediocre teams are just adding more ugliness and less seats to 75+ year old stadiums.

Kingbrave

]BillShanks ‏@BillShanks 4m4 minutes ago

Braves released Todd Coffey, Jose Constanza, Greg Smith, Tyler Tewell, Blake Brown, Cody Livesay, Travis Mattair, Luis Merejo Carlos Sanchez

Well there goes Costanza...

Josh Hamilton not getting suspended.

Angels outfielder Josh Hamilton will not be suspended following a relapse into substance abuse, the league announced today. An outside arbitrator ruled that Hamilton’s conduct did not violate his treatment program and, as such, he is disallowed from being suspended by commissioner Rob Manfred. The commissioner’s office has issued the following statement

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/04/josh-hamilton-will-not-be-suspended.html

Top Bottom