• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Beckx

https://vine.co/v/eAp6euKxntl

What.

How do you...

What?

I can honestly say that is completely, utterly unhittable.

Jaw. Floor.

edit: Fujinami just finished a CG shutout, 2H 10K 3BB. Wants to be the man now that Messenger has been sent down.

This is right out of the Bases Loading glitch on the NES.

Hah. My son and I have been playing that on Wii U VC. It's still surprisingly fun in VS even though it's clunky. Especially when the catcher's hand detaches from his body to follow the ball.

1260669824556188484.jpg

least surprising picture ever?

Dave Cameron in a chat today predicted a 15 year/$600 million contract for Bryce Harper if he hits free agency at 26. And I don't think he was kidding.

Dave Cameron in a chat today predicted a 15 year/$600 million contract for Bryce Harper if he hits free agency at 26. And I don't think he was kidding.

You would have to be an absolute moron to sign anyone for a 15 year deal, and yet I imagine 2-3 teams would make that offer. They'll go on to regret it just like the Hamilton/A-Rod/Pujols types.

You would have to be an absolute moron to sign anyone for a 15 year deal, and yet I imagine 2-3 teams would make that offer. They'll go on to regret it just like the Hamilton/A-Rod/Pujols types.

I don't know, if Bryce keeps playing the way he's playing, you are likely going to get 7-8 years where that is a bargain. He's only going to be 26.

A 15-yr deal to a 26-yr old is not nearly as bad as the deals front offices have given to players on the wrong side of 30.

It would still be a dumb contract (given his history with the DL), but at least in Harper's case you're getting a good amount of what should be his prime years

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Given what Stanton signed and that Harper's a Boras guy, those numbers don't seem out of the realm of possibility.

Malo

Banned
No way Harper gets $600 million that's insanity. I do think he'll get the first $400 million contract and hopefully it will be from us.

This is the Most Cardinals picture ever

The only thing that would make it more Cardinals was if La Russa was the little satan on the shoulder guy.

Also, years on deals are completely and utterly meaningless. Stanton has a mega year deal, but he has options every single year once he makes $115 M IIRC. So more often than not, the bulk of the back end of these baseball deals are just prolonged continued options.

XiaNaphryz

http://blog.sfgate.com/athletics/20...ly-to-join-as-in-tampa-other-oakland-as-news/

Ron Washington is close to returning to the A’s, as I reported in this morning’s newspaper and online last night. He could join the team as soon as the series at Tampa Bay, a four-game set that starts tomorrow. He’s expected to be a special instructor and wouldn’t be on the field for games, but could help during pregame drills and batting practice, much as Phil Garner did as a special assistant in 2011.

The mysterious circumstances of Washington’s departure from Texas probably won’t give the A’s any pause; no legal issues emerged from that. And the Rangers retained Washington after his self-reported cocaine use in 2009, so I don’t think Oakland would hold that against him. Washington is loved in the A’s organization, and remains very popular with the fan base – the reactions I’ve had on Twitter since breaking the story last night have been overwhelmingly positive.

jman2050

He will make 40 mil per easily if he stays healthy and is as good as his pedigree says he is. Inflation and time alone will ensure that. 15 years is total insanity though, even at 26.

There is, but Memorial Day is like the 1/3rd mark of the season. We're no longer within the first few weeks of the season. The fact that the Astros are still keeping this pace is encouraging.

Today is the 25% mark (more or less), so not quite. But the banked wins guarantee they'll be a contender down the stretch most likely

XiaNaphryz

There is, but Memorial Day is like the 1/3rd mark of the season. We're no longer within the first few weeks of the season. The fact that the Astros are still keeping this pace is encouraging.

Giants did the same thing last season before nosediving. They were lucky to recover enough to sneak in as the second wildcard.

Beckx

Wassup with Polanco getting benched? WTF do they have to lose?

More of Hurdle's weird lineups. I mean I like the guy and there's no denying his results but sometimes his lineups are bizarro. from the outside it almost looks like he's tying himself in knots to avoid pissing off Mercer by playing Kang more. So Polanco draws the short straw from a group of guys who have been struggling. Harrison plays RF tonight (can't sit him, his bat is waking up & NH is probably under pressure from the extension), Kang at third, and Mercer stays in at SS. I'd rather have Mercer sitting, Kang at SS, and Polanco playing.

At least Kang is getting in the lineup consistently. It took way to long for that to happen.

He will make 40 mil per easily if he stays healthy and is as good as his pedigree says he is. Inflation and time alone will ensure that. 15 years is total insanity though, even at 26.

It's a shame Trout didn't get to reach free agency. It would've been awesome to see the precedent for an elite young player on the open market.

Top Bottom