• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Loco4Coco

Mets offense and body language is so depressing.

St.Louis now up 3-0 now we're gonna hear how the Cardinals are the best franchise in MLB from the Mets broadcasters for the rest of the night. :(

Here we go. It's big time Timmy day!
hYa0PZk.jpg

Pw1gBvP.jpg

Mets offense is a fucking embarrassment. Bartolo the Hutt ate too many god damn platanos today. I hope deGrom has a good game in him tomorrow. Doesn't matter if the Mets can't f'n hit. Back to nxt and then I'll play some damn Witcher.

Yep. Knew this would be the series when we could only get one run on Harvey day.

We need to make some call-ups and trades, or just admit the season is another lost one.

In non-Mets stuff, Rodon's BB rates are incredibly scary. Kid needs to reign it in.

Osorio

Yep. Knew this would be the series when we could only get one run on Harvey day.

We need to make some call-ups and trades, or just admit the season is another lost one.

In non-Mets stuff, Rodon's BB rates are incredibly scary. Kid needs to reign it in.

I think we're still going to make the playoffs because of how terrible the NL East is.

I think we're still going to make the playoffs because of how terrible the NL East is.

Not if we can't get hitting.

Same problem we've had for three years and we've done nothing to fix it. We need to make some serious, large scale changes or we're gonna be on the outside looking in, again.

zulux21

Rodon looked a bit better (6 innings 1ER isn't bad) but he still needs to work on throwing less balls. Still to many walks (and the reason he gave up any runs) if he can fix that walk issue he will be very dangerous instead of just a solid 4-5th starter like he is now.

GAH! I hate when pitchers don't attack attack attack... trying to nick the corners is a great way to fall behind in the count, and falling behind in the count leads to getting destroyed (and an inflated pitch count) as is what is going on now :/

Rodon looked a bit better (6 innings 1ER isn't bad) but he still needs to work on throwing less balls. Still to many walks (and the reason he gave up any runs) if he can fix that walk issue he will be very dangerous instead of just a solid 4-5th starter like he is now.

GAH! I hate when pitchers don't attack attack attack... trying to nick the corners is a great way to fall behind in the count, and falling behind in the count leads to getting destroyed (and an inflated pitch count) as is what is going on now :/

But... That's pitching. Attack attack attack the zone with heat is just throwing.

White Sox are getting beat down by Shaun Marcum.

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

I find it so weird that Marcum and Pelfry not only have jobs this year, both both started today. And both actually pitched well.

zulux21

But... That's pitching. Attack attack attack the zone with heat is just throwing.

not even saying with just heat, but in general I can't wait to watch a pitcher that just nicks around leave the mound. it's not fun to watch, and very few good pitchers actually do that. Most of the good pitchers are throwing 70%+ of their pitches as strikes, and a good number of their balls are on 0-2/1-2 counts that just miss the zone. In an age where 100 pitches means you have to be pulled, first pitch strikes become even more important for pitcher (though in general they are important.

I mean indeed you have to have decent pitches to just attack (and you can't 100% throw in the zone), but even the best hitters only succeed at getting on base 35% of the time, not giving up walks is really important as a good percent of the time a walk is involved in a run scoring inning that wasn't the result of a home run.

I've lost count how many times I have watched my pitchers go 2-0/3-0 this season to get destroyed on the next pitch that they were just trying to get in the zone :/

White Sox are getting beat down by Shaun Marcum.

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

I find it so weird that Marcum and Pelfry not only have jobs this year, both both started today. And both actually pitched well.

to be fair marcum has only really had one bad season in his career (well 1.5 his first full year was rough), a year when he was hurt and beyond that was a pretty solid pitcher. He got his arm fixed and has since looked pretty solid again in the minors so it shouldn't be that surprising he has a job.

I suppose you are a mets fan though so you can only recall his one bad season instead of all of his number 2 starter seasons that were before that.

zulux21

and the white sox are below .500 again :(
hopefully they win tomorrow and get back up to .500 as I want them to at least be .500 or above at the end of may.

zulux21

The entire AL East lost tonight lol

AL east = 5 games below .500
AL central = 17 games above .500
AL west = 8 games below .500

NL east = 4 games below .500
NL central = 1 game below .500 (plus or minus 1 depending on outcome of cubs game)
NL west = 1 game above .500 ( plus or minus 1 depending on outcome of cubs game)

and sadly even if this remains true for the whole season you likely won't hear much talk about the AL central being good and instead will hear about how powerful the East coast teams are :/

Top Bottom