• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Chris R

Swept by the Yankees, oh boy.

At I see Rodney fucked us again last night.

Fuck

At least I'll get to see the Mariners lose in person tomorrow (if I'm not sleepy) through Sunday!

Macattk15

Well. Least Taijuan pitched decently.

A normal offense might get him the win.

Fire McClendon. Fire Jack Z (I've hated him for years).

Clean.png

jman2050

Sweep!

So you would have matched Seattle's ten year contract?

I don't know if I would have done it, but at the time I didn't agree with not paying Cano if they were just going to take that money and pay Ellsbury and McCann instead. I guess it turns out those two are going to provide a much better return down the road but hey, hindsight is 20/20 it seems.

Malo

Banned
instead of paying ellsbury?
I didn't agree with the Ellsbury contract but at least at this point his contract doesn't look like an albatross like Cano's does. Though I'm sure Ellsbury's will turn into one in the near future.
I don't know if I would have done it, but at the time I didn't agree with not paying Cano if they were just going to take that money and pay Ellsbury and McCann instead. I guess it turns out those two are going to provide a much better return down the road but hey, hindsight is 20/20 it seems.
McCann has nothing to do with Cano not resigning with the Yankees. If I remember correctly McCann was signed in November of 2013 a full month before Cano signed. The Cano money was used for Ellsbury and Beltran, which if you ask me is a wash due to Beltran being shit.

Don Orsillo going crazy with joy on NESN because Jerry Remy brought a lamp to the broadcast booth will probably be the highlight of the second half of this double-header.

Top Bottom