• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So the Giants #1 pick already has tested positive for marijuana, lol.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft/bickford-tests-positive-marijuana/

Bickford Tests Positive For Marijuana

June 7, 2015 by Teddy Cahill

JC of Southern Nevada righthander Phil Bickford tested positive for marijuana in a predraft drug test, multiple industry sources have confirmed to Baseball America.

Bickford, ranked No. 27 on the BA 500, was the 10th overall pick of the 2013 draft, but didn’t come to an agreement with the Blue Jays and went on to attend Cal State Fullerton. After one year with the Titans and a strong performance in the Cape Cod League, he transferred to JC of Southern Nevada, making him eligible for this year’s draft.

Bickford dominated hitters this spring for the Coyotes and was named Scenic West Athletic Conference pitcher of the year after he went 9-1 with a 1.45 ERA and struck out 166 batters in 86 2/3 innings.

Bickford’s representatives and CSN coach Nick Garritano were not available for comment.

MLB conducts a predraft medical program for the top 200 prospects in the draft, as identified by the Major League Scouting Bureau. The program includes a random, unannounced drug test in the 30 days prior to the draft. Players who do not participate are ineligible for selection.

MLB does not test major leaguers for marijuana but does test players not on 40-man rosters. Under those guidelines, a player is placed in a treatment program after his first positive test, and any subsequent positive tests trigger a suspension.

Bickford has been projected to be a first round pick throughout the spring, but he has remained enigmatic as scouts have tried to get a feel for the power pitcher. The positive test likely won’t change his first-round projection, nor will it make the puzzle he presents teams any easier to solve.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
He fits right in with Timmy.

bLCM4Hu.jpg

vYcZACj.jpg

Apparently throws in the mid to high 90s.

zulux21

Shit, another rain delay in Chicago.

you are an astros fan right?
if so your response should be YAY YAY YAY another rain delay in chicago.

Chris Sale is on today, astros won't do much against him, if the rain causes him to leave the game you get to face chicago's middle relief which is just terrible.

now if you are a white sox fan you can go shit another rain delay... as that as what I am doing right now lol.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
you are an astros fan right?
if so your response should be YAY YAY YAY another rain delay in chicago.

Chris Sale is on today, astros won't do much against him, if the rain causes him to leave the game you get to face chicago's middle relief which is just terrible.

now if you are a white sox fan you can go shit another rain delay... as that as what I am doing right now lol.
Yeah, I wanted McCullers to stay on the mound, though.

zulux21

Yeah, I wanted McCullers to stay on the mound, though.
I can get that since he seems to have been doing well, but sale off the mound will be a far bigger win than McCullers off the mound for you guys.

as the astros will get to face either
Hector Noesi
or scott Carroll if sale isn't up for coming back out.

on the flip side the rain could mess up sale's pitching, unlikely (as if he wasn't feeling it he would just not come back out) but it's not uncommon for rain delays to take an edge off in general)

aFIGurANT

Holiday's injury = quad strain. Better than blowing a knee or even the dreaded Achilles ala Waino. Luckily the OF is the one place of depth for this team.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I can get that since he seems to have been doing well, but sale off the mound will be a far bigger win than McCullers off the mound for you guys.

as the astros will get to face either
Hector Noesi
or scott Carroll if sale isn't up for coming back out.

on the flip side the rain could mess up sale's pitching, unlikely (as if he wasn't feeling it he would just not come back out) but it's not uncommon for rain delays to take an edge off in general)

Yeah, it would be nice to not have to face Sale, lol. We'll see what happens.

Malo

Banned
Betts, Everett, Kirby, and Matuella are still on the board at 30. I'd go with the high upside pick in Matuella, but I'd be content if any of those guys get picked.

Top Bottom