• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The Braves have taken pitchers with 5 of their first 7 picks. No one's ever heard of 3 of them. Who's shocked?

The Braves have already purchased the contract of David Aardsma and he will be available tonight. Cody Martin optioned to AAA.

Dana Eveland is expected to be not far behind.

The Braves are 27-30, yet still only 3.5 games out of first place. The starting pitching seems to have fixed itself. If the Braves had something resembling a MLB bullpen, they'd probably be in first place. I can think of at least 4 games alone in the past week the bullpen blew.

I like Wotell, potential plus FB, good control.

Other than him though there's a lot of nothing. Not that I expected anything since our second and third round picks since 2005 have netted a grand total of 1.9 cumulative fWAR among them.

If we get even one decent player from this it's a W.

Lindsey looks like a middling player, doesn't have a single plus tool I could find.

So about that American League All-Star team....

https://twitter.com/mlb_pr/status/607974245914841088

CG_1WtsVAAAjjH1.jpg:large

Will Emperor Manfred end fan voting for future All-Star Games?

I just wanted to quote this and bask in it a bit more.

Since we're on the topic of the National League All-Star team...

CHE_XsYWgAAApEZ.jpg:large

If Joc doesn't enter at least the top 10 for OFs then I'm burning this place down.

Hopefully, this will be the thing that finally eliminates fan voting. If the World Series homefield advantage is going to continually be decided by an exhibition game, fans shouldn't be allowed to control the rosters.

These are the All-Star starters if you go by WAR:

NL:
SP - Shelby Miller
C - Buster Posey
1B - Paul Goldschmidt
2B - Dee Gordon
3B - Todd Frazier
SS - Brandon Crawford
OF - Bryce Harper
OF - A.J. Pollock
OF - Giancarlo Stanton

AL:
SP - Sonny Gray
C - Steven Vogt
1B - Miguel Cabrera
2B - Jason Kipnis
3B - Josh Donaldson
SS - Jose Iglesias
OF - Mike Trout
OF - Lorenzo Cain
OF - Nelson Cruz

Hopefully, this will be the thing that finally eliminates fan voting. If the World Series homefield advantage is going to continually be decided by an exhibition game, fans shouldn't be allowed to control the rosters.

These are the All-Star starters if you go by WAR:

NL:
SP - Shelby Miller
C - Buster Posey
1B - Paul Goldschmidt
2B - Dee Gordon
3B - Todd Frazier
SS - Brandon Crawford
OF - Bryce Harper
OF - A.J. Pollock
OF - Giancarlo Stanton

AL:
SP - Sonny Gray
C - Steven Vogt
1B - Miguel Cabrera
2B - Jason Kipnis
3B - Josh Donaldson
SS - Jose Iglesias
OF - Mike Trout
OF - Lorenzo Cain
OF - Nelson Cruz

That depends on which WAR you want to use, though

JDeluis

White Sox just drafted Blake Hickman from Iowa(Simeon HS) who came up through their ACE program. Pretty cool story.

In general it's good to see that we see more and more players from the inner cities that graduated from the MLB RBI program.

Loco4Coco

Atleast TDA will be back in the Mets lineup tomorrow. Anyone is better than Recker at this point.

Down 3 runs for the Mets is too much. And with Heston getting all the calls and the Giants getting all these infield hits it's over.

Macattk15

Cano with 2 doubles tonight off Kluber ...... pleaseeeeeeeeee be turning it around.

edit : Dear god Cruz came out of the game with some sort of back or oblique injury. Dear jesus why.

Top Bottom