• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
zY7FDrb.png

wJw4fkF.png

One costs 500k, the other cost 95 million for 5 years.

zulux21

Carlos Correa has arrived y'all.

6 game losing streak though. :(

and ideally it will go to 7. then you guys can go back on a crazy hot streak.

to be fair a long losing streak with the type of offense the astros have wasn't a matter of if but when. ideally after they lose to the white sox again they can go crazy again as I am all for the astros winning the AL west.

Because Pablo earned his contract for what he did in the past. Do you not understand how market value works?

Plus Duffy has a whopping 1.1 WAR for that mediocre line.

History projects Panda works his way out of this funk, history has no such indicator that Duffy will ever be anything more than a 1 WAR player, because there's no numerical backing beyond a few short years.

Sample size and past successes matter in future projections in baseball.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
and ideally it will go to 7. then you guys can go back on a crazy hot streak.

to be fair a long losing streak with the type of offense the astros have wasn't a matter of if but when. ideally after they lose to the white sox again they can go crazy again as I am all for the astros winning the AL west.

Yup, it was only a matter of time. I said earlier about their 10 game win streak that I was waiting for the inevitable X game losing streak.

What do you want for Peralta?

I dunno, I will have to check your roster when I get a chance.

I just think the Stro's are prime to start regressing towards the mean. No I don't think this means they win 35 games the rest of the way and suck out to 70 wins, but they'll hit 90-91 wins and top out there and then get bounced in the playoffs when they face a team with a pitcher with high K% stuff.

Meier

Kendrick showed last night why we ditched Dee to get him -- up to 6 HRs on the season now which is about a career's worth for Dee. I still am not a huge fan of the long-term outcome of the deal but what can ya do.

Edit: Dee has 4 HRs in his career. He's actually had exactly half as many hits this year as he did all last season.. dude is going to finish with early Ichiro-like numbers if he can keep up his pace.

Opiate

Because Pablo earned his contract for what he did in the past. Do you not understand how market value works?

That's not really how smart clubs -- including the cubs -- are valuing players now. That used to be how it works, but now, clubs are valuing players on what they expect them to do in the future, and not what they did in the past.

Your past accomplishments are not themselves meaningful unless the future employer has reason to believe you will repeat those accomplishments. In Pablo's case, there is no real reason to believe he will.

The two biggest upsides for Boston are these: 1) This is a hitter scarce market where even modest sluggers have an inflated price tag, so Pablo may be worth more, and 2) Even if Sandoval falls apart, Boston have tons of money, so buying 5 high priced veterans and having 2 of them burn out is fine. They can afford it.

I can't wait for this west coast trip to end. :(

I don't get how this team can take 3 of 4 from the Dodgers at home and then lose at least 2 of 3 against the Rockies

And Lynn is going back to STL for an exam on his arm :lol By the All-Star Break I expect our AA team to be playing in the majors because of injuries

edit: Wacha looked really good last night, too. A lot more changeups than he's been throwing (probably because of the Coors Effect) but he's been K'ing more lately. Funny how his ERA regressed on one of his best pitched games of the year

I don't get how this team can take 3 of 4 from the Dodgers at home and then lose at least 2 of 3 against the Rockies

And Lynn is going back to STL for an exam on his arm :lol By the All-Star Break I expect our AA team to be playing in the majors because of injuries

There are no rules when it comes to playing in Colorado. Its like being on the moon. You just hope you get back home alive.

Yeah sweep is coming. I can't believe people picked this team to go to the World Series, thankfully I was not foolish enough to buy into that nonsense.

Even with the dumpster fire NL East, I still don't see us finishing better than 3rd or 4th. At least, I can look forward to watching Jose pitch later this season. :/

Are the Marlins this bad? Good god.

Yes. To be fair we have four starters on the DL, Alvarez and Fernandez being our two best pitchers. Bullpen has been wildly inconsistent, and they alone have cost us around 10-15 games. Offense has been pretty bad too, with Stanton being the only one with any power (nobody else has more than 5 home runs).

Yeah sweep is coming. I can't believe people picked this team to go to the World Series, thankfully I was not foolish enough to buy into that nonsense.

Even with the dumpster fire NL East, I still don't see us finishing better than 3rd or 4th. At least, I can look forward to watching Jose pitch later this season. :/

Yes. To be fair we have four starters on the DL, Alvarez and Fernandez being our two best pitchers. Bullpen has been wildly inconsistent, and they alone have cost us around 10-15 games. Offense has been pretty bad too, with Stanton being the only one with any power (nobody else has more than 5 home runs).
Marisnick is looking like the better player than Yellich.

Everyone gettin' promoted from AA but Mark Appel. Gotta get tha ERA under 5.00

Top Bottom