• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

CHo7vpEWEAANUcV.jpg

#BFIB

BFIB

The "Cardinals Nation" building is the icing on the cake there.

So I'm wondering if this was tied into the draft that just took place? Cards are needing to rebuild the farm, wonder if that has something to do w/ it?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So Pat Murphy is the Padres' Manager.

The most logical outcome for now. They refused to let him interview for a major league job elsewhere because they knew he was next-in-line to be the interim. Black was on thinner ice than we knew. (in fairness, trying to pry a managerial employee from another team mid-season is unusual to begin with).

Its getting annoying listening to the clueless national media complain that Preller is a jerk for firing Black. Preller didn't fire Black. Mike Dee and Ron Fowler (the owners) fired Bud Black. The last straw was probably the fact that we've lost several games recently in part due to bad Black decisions.

Syrinx

Not optimistic about tonight. Harvey has struggled mightily giving up homers lately and this is the Blue Jays. Struggles probably won't end tonight.

Not optimistic about tonight. Harvey has struggled mightily giving up homers lately and this is the Blue Jays. Struggles probably won't end tonight.

I think it's the perfect thing, tbh.

Competitors know, and knowing what level of competition the Jays are in terms of the long ball should make him want to dominate like nothing else.

If he gets his slider going, he can be the Harvey of old.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wonder if Bud Black will be making the trip to Anaheim. Angels could use some help.

I'm sure he'll land somewhere as a pitching coach. I don't know that I see him getting another managerial gig right away though. He didn't get fired for no reason.

I'm guessing that "competitive balance" pick is gonna go away real fast for the Cards.

I read somewhere that picks are covered by the CBA, which means it wouldn't just be a matter of stripping them of picks -- it'd be a lot more complex, and the MLBPA would potentially have to get involved since it could mean the loss of player spots. Not that the MLBPA has been great at standing up for itself in the last few years, and not that they seem to care about potential members, but I think that picks may be off-limits for now. I'd imagine a fine or suspension is the MLB's only recourse.

He did help them win a title right?
Yep. He was the pitching coach during their championship run. I'm sure Angels fans would love him back.
so we're not going to talk about the ballot stuffing going in KC? shouldn't the commissioner step in and do something?
The only two good things that will come from this is home field advantage for the Dodgers and Emperor Manfred smiting fan voting from the skies for future ASGs.

Here is the updated National League ASG position standings:

CHo-VD7WoAIG5NH.jpg:large

Yung Joc is in the top 8! Closing in on that starting spot!

GO JOC GO

GO JOC GO

GO JOC GO

GO JOC GO

Chuck

Still without luck
Of course the day I get outfield seats Jonesy isn't in. Oh well, Phillis blow so hard he could use the rest.

6-0 O's after 2/3rds

Top Bottom