• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think the Mets ever planned on putting Akeel Morris into a game.. I think he's there in case of some 15 inning game or blowout. The last pitcher out of the bullpen if you will.

I don't think the Mets ever planned on putting Akeel Morris into a game.. I think he's there in case of some 15 inning game or blowout. The last pitcher out of the bullpen if you will.

I mean we literally had 3 available relievers tonight. It's why Parnell went 5.

Though yes this was more just "Hey come to NY and spend some time with the big boys until we send you down to AA" so he was promoted just not as much.

harSon

Banned
how the fuck are you going to be .5 games away from having the 2nd best record in baseball, and be 6 games back in your division?

Another championship in the bay area. To bad it's the warriors.
Lol. But...
11401579_1578117225782349_5657617409599409730_n.png

:)

I think you won the series last year

All I remember is Stanton hitting an absolutely monster home run off of Shelby Miller

edit:
StantonHomer2__1__medium_medium.gif

Yeah, I remember that homer lol.

For some reason we can't beat really hot teams this year. We were swept by the Mets, Pirates, and Blue Jays while they were really hot. Unless the Cards cool off in the next week, I don't see it being any different.

I would be happy if we won a single game :lol

aFIGurANT

I wonder how people will react when the punishment from MLB for this is minimal

I think that it's the Feds that we're supposed to be worried about. I've only just started reading about the "hack" but it could be corporate espionage = FBI. Goddamn Astros leaving their dirty laundry just hanging around, begging to be washed and reused.

The fact that it's Houston is actually the most interesting to me because now it looks like we're using whatever sort of magic is propelling them this year to augment the traditional DevilMagic. Off to read more....

I think that it's the Feds that we're supposed to be worried about. I've only just started reading about the "hack" but it could be corporate espionage = FBI. Goddamn Astros leaving their dirty laundry just hanging around, begging to be washed and reused.

The fact that it's Houston is actually the most interesting to me because now it looks like we're using whatever sort of magic is propelling them this year to augment the traditional DevilMagic. Off to read more....

Oh, the people that did this will get jail time for sure since it's a fedreal crime. A lot probably depends on the specifics if higher ups knew what was going on and/or tried to hide it. They've already got what seems to be 4-5 low to mid level suspects, which is about what I guessed when the story first came out.

But there won't be any postseason bans that some people think might happen. A loss of draft picks probably won't happen either because that involves the Players' Union. A fine is most realistic in terms of punishment from MLB

BFIB

My guess is MLB will let the FBI case bear itself out. If the people are charged in a federal case, then my guess is MLB won't go much further beyond a fine, though Manfred needs to establish himself here. Already had one commissioner who allowed PED's to run rampant until he was forced to change, best get out in front on this. I'd hate to see the Cards get the hammer, but its deserved if the proof is there.

But this does open up a new avenue. Hopefully other teams are going through and rechecking their security measures.

aFIGurANT

My guess is MLB will let the FBI case bear itself out. If the people are charged in a federal case, then my guess is MLB won't go much further beyond a fine, though Manfred needs to establish himself here. Already had one commissioner who allowed PED's to run rampant until he was forced to change, best get out in front on this. I'd hate to see the Cards get the hammer, but its deserved if the proof is there.

But this does open up a new avenue. Hopefully other teams are going through and rechecking their security measures.

Or at least saying: "Don't use the same password for your entire working life," lol.

Top Bottom