• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

cashman

Banned
Alright first off with Gallo I said if he came up and K'ed as much as he had in the Majors without a major burst of power it could hurt the confidence in his swing and might make him less effective.

With a pitcher though, it's ALL mental. If you get rocked like that after just coming from A ball it could make a real, permanent mental block on his ability to pitch.

It happens ALL the time.

The Mets would know if their own player could mentally handle a promotion to the bigs. And besides it wasn't even a big deal he was a temporary safety net for like two nights his development won't be scarred because of that.

Same goes for Gallo he's well aware of the flaws in his swing. At worst this call up is a just a step in his development process.

Man baseball gods are cruel. We get absolutely robbed yesterday, and today we give up a go ahead home run to a washed up hitter. At the very least, A Rod won't get a walk off hit against us for number 3000.

Will still take a series split.

zroid

Banned
Donaldson is awesome. Jays win!

bms-don-cherry-5-march-2011.jpg

Oh look he found the plate LOL

Look, I'm not the biggest A-Rod fan either, but you're only down by two and you've got a man on. For you to specifically walk him just because you're morally opposed to him getting 3,000 hits or whatever is complete bullshit.

EDIT: And see what happens? You actually try to pitch to him, and a run doesn't score. In short, you fucked your team Dyson. GG.

you didn't get robbed, he was out. stop bitching.

Not definitely though. You would be bitching and moaning too if the same thing happened to the Yankees, or if Hech had been called out and a challenge over turned the play.

By the way, I didn't say it cost us the game either. We played like garbage the whole game, and deserved to lose. It was a miracle we were only down by one run.

Not definitely though. You would be bitching and moaning too if the same thing happened to the Yankees, or if Hech had been called out and a challenge over turned the play.

By the way, I didn't say it cost us the game either. We played like garbage the whole game, and deserved to lose. It was a miracle we were only down by one run.

if the umps after a replay say he's out that's that. Marlins put themselves in that spot by not playing well that day.

Top Bottom