• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

That was a mistake. Now his ego will be inflated and when he starts to hit the rookie wall and struggle, it'll wreck his confidence!

:/ Dude come on if you really don't understand how having a major setback in the bigs can hurt a competitors confidence then you've never spent time with competitors.

Failure leaves a far more lasting impact than success. It's especially important for power hitters and pitchers to not let things get into their heads because it messed w/their form and can hurt them long term. We see it happen constantly. Case in point last year with Javy Baez.

rando14

RfZy2mi.jpg

cashman

Banned
:/ Dude come on if you really don't understand how having a major setback in the bigs can hurt a competitors confidence then you've never spent time with competitors.

Failure leaves a far more lasting impact than success. It's especially important for power hitters and pitchers to not let things get into their heads because it messed w/their form and can hurt them long term. We see it happen constantly. Case in point last year with Javy Baez.

That has probably more to do when his 40+ O-swing% then his confidence being shattered. And I don't think he's mentally scarred from his experience last year as he's currently destroying the minors right now.

That has probably more to do when his 40+ O-swing% then his confidence being shattered. And I don't think he's mentally scarred from his experience last year as he's currently destroying the minors right now.

I'm not saying anything about mental scarring or his confidence being shot. But failure in the bigs, I.E. a high K%, a bad Swing%, low BB%, if things went poorly it leads to some players over compensating, his swing gets tighter, his kick higher, his form more rigid.

Small things like that can compound and end up permanently damaging a player if you don't manage it right. Nobody is going to come up and be a super-star right away, but with a guy with as noticeable a flaw as Gallo (and to his immense credit so far he's managed to keep the K's down each and every game) it can make a big difference. With Morris it simply ends with the fact that he was in no way shape or form ready to step on a major league mound and pitch to major league players. Take it from a guy who's been shelled no small amount of times, you start to over-think and over-pitch yourself and lose what made you effective in the first place.

I'm not saying it can just end your career. But I'm saying that it's a variable you have to account for when you make these decisions.

Is it true that MLB canceled over 60 million All-Star votes?

That's the story this morning. Seems like horseshit on behalf of a an organization who really doesn't want to have the Royals do this. I'll be so shocked when the next update shows Miggy and Arod with a sudden miraculous comeback in the standings.

BigAT

Don't expect any Royals to come off the ballots suddenly, it sounds like that 60-65 million number is votes that never counted in the first place.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Just to clarify: MLB is not suddenly removing 60M ballots from current totals. Those votes were never included in totals in the first place.

zroid

Banned
Don't expect any Royals to come off the ballots suddenly, it sounds like that 60-65 million number is votes that never counted in the first place.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Just to clarify: MLB is not suddenly removing 60M ballots from current totals. Those votes were never included in totals in the first place.

Crisis averted.

Man this ASG is going to be hilarious. I might even watch it for once!

That's the story this morning. Seems like horseshit on behalf of a an organization who really doesn't want to have the Royals do this. I'll be so shocked when the next update shows Miggy and Arod with a sudden miraculous comeback in the standings.

Are you actually saying that all these Royals deserve to be voted into the ASG?

Are you actually saying that all these Royals deserve to be voted into the ASG?

Maybe...two. Max. Not 8.

The criteria for being a starter in the ASG as it currently stands is getting the most fan votes. So... yes.

9gMpKWv.jpg

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan

Ah, good.

I hope that the Royals are the starting lineup for the ASG because maybe MLB will look at it and realizing attaching HFA in the world series to it is incredibly stupid

Also because it means the NL will have a good chance of winning and getting said HFA

I hope that the Royals are the starting lineup for the ASG because maybe MLB will look at it and realizing attaching HFA in the world series to it is incredibly stupid

Also because it means the NL will have a good chance of winning and getting said HFA

You won't say that after the Royals bat through the order in the top of the first!

Top Bottom