• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Not anymore. Or ever again this season.

If we finish this season out of 4th place (we can't out-tank the Phillies) I'd be shocked at this point.

With all the injuries I can't think of a worse defensive team in baseball right now outside of maybe the Padres.

Lopez better be managing the big league Mets by Tuesday at the latest or I'm done with this year, period.

clemenx

Banned
Lol at everyone shitting on Tabata instead of the ump. He doesn't have to care about no Perfect game from the opposite team.

Then we ask why they don't have any accountability.

Lol at everyone shitting on Tabata instead of the ump. He doesn't have to care about no Perfect game from the opposite team.

Then we ask why they don't have any accountability.

Because it's violating the spirit of the game.

And that's something the players take seriously. "unwritten rules" and all that.

Hart: “Always looking for big talent. Never want this organization to be in the position I was when I took this job. Stay tuned.”

He's already filled the org with arms, now he needs to get bats.

Arizona Diamondbacks ‏@Dbacks 20m20 minutes ago
"We are getting some good pitching from our young rotation and that's the direction we are going to go." #Dbacks GM Dave Stewart on Arroyo

Arizona Diamondbacks ‏@Dbacks 18m18 minutes ago
Stew: "With this year's draft we stacked our minor league system with college guys" who are ahead of Touki Toussaint on depth chart.

LOOOOOOOOOOL WHAAAAAAT THE FUCK.

How is dude a professional GM?

rando14

Still dont know how the Dbacks managed to trick Goldschmidt into signing for 5/32... But in a couple years he'll sign for Giancarlo money

Re: toussaint, maybe they know something we dont??

I'd just like to point out that the "good pitching from our young rotation" has the 7th worst ERA and 6th worst FIP in the bigs.

Toussaint is a potential #1, ace level starter.

And you get rid of him to dump $10M.

cashman

Banned
Quick JD find a way to get Elvis to arizona

Toussant being an ace is a ceiling that he probably won't reach based on the very early returns, but I still think he could easily be a #2

Deal just seems too lopsided for there not to be a catch imo, not even Jack Z would do a trade so dumb...

Eh I think this is an exaggeration, he's still way too far from the show to start believing this

Potential.

Huge ceiling, low floor. Doubt he's ever that (tops out as a good #3) but he could be one if everything clicks and he can use his plus plus curve with command.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Z5p1TFv.png

h3tji0M.png

fZZW7Et.png

Brashnir

Had to watch it on delay, but just finished. Tabata pulled some cheap shit.

Max is godlike.

I mean.... the guy gives up one hit in two starts, and has a five-game hitting streak. That shit is just not possible.

I had a conception that he was a great pitcher before he came here (I mean, the dude won a Cy Young and any knucklehead can look at his stats), but seeing him every day is another thing entirely. He's inhuman.

@nickpiecoro: Going back a few months, Dbacks have traded Cahill, Arroyo, Toussaint and this month's No. 75 overall pick to the Braves to save about $15M.

To put into perspective how fucking bizarre this is, not even 6 months ago the D'Backs signed a $1B dollar cable deal.

I just have no idea what to describe this as other than fucking idiocy.

I thought John Hart would be in over his head and that the game had long passed him by. Only for him to turn around and consistently screw the teams lead by people who had have the game pass them by while he updates the Braves to a legitimate analytic FO.

He's done nothing but win in his tenure so far.

Marz

Hard to believe it but if the Yankees stay healthy and add Cueto or Hamel before the trade deadline, they actually will be contenders.

Of course Arod, Tex, and Beltran gotta stay healthy.

BFIB

Barves just traded Phil Gosselin for Touki Toussaint and Bronson Arroyo + Cash.

Well. Dave Stewart got rooooooooooooooooooooooooobbed.

Just tried this trade on MLB The Show and was denied.

This is the same game that traded Trout for Tulowitzki during my season.

Malo

Banned
Hard to believe it but if the Yankees stay healthy and add Cueto or Hamel before the trade deadline, they actually will be contenders.

Of course Arod, Tex, and Beltran gotta stay healthy.
I don't see them going after either of those players. Cueto would cost too much in terms of prospects and Hamels has a lot of money left on his contract. I could see them going after Kazmir, who wouldn't be as costly as the other two.

Before they do anything, they'll see how Nova comes back from TJS. He should be back in a week or two.

Top Bottom