• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Frozenprince's chicken littling is becoming one of my favourite parts of this season.

Do I think they'll be this bad all year? No, I hope not, that's basically impossible.

But today, right now, they're swinging at anything that even looks like it's over the plate. It's just bad fundamentals. It's indicative of bad coaching. You watch a guy hack at this stuff while your defense on the other side makes your starting pitcher, your ace, work himself into every single count because he's pitching for the K because he doesn't trust his defense to pitch to contact.

The Mets are what they are, April and May were outliers, this is an 85 win team with a bad manager and a bad hitting coach. Not a lot to be done about it. So I'm gonna bitch. Because it pisses me off as a fan that's watched this team have the same problems year in and year out since they fell apart in 07'.

Like, that inning is case and point. Nobody worked the count, nobody tried to make Tehran work for his outs. Just hack hack hack hack hack next inning.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Frozenprince's chicken littling is becoming one of my favourite parts of this season.
How exactly is it chicken littling? No one expects the Mets to actually go anywhere this season. They overachieved early, and now they're back to being the normal, shitty team they've been the last several years. They're very bad at the moment.

How exactly is it chicken littling? No one expects the Mets to actually go anywhere this season. They overachieved early, and now they're back to being the normal, shitty team they've been the last several years. They're very bad at the moment.

Yep. I'm not "OH GOD WE'RE WORSE THAN THE PHILLIES ALL IS LOST"

We're a mediocre team that might sneak into the playoffs because of how bad the NL East is. But right now that's probably not happening because the defense is putrid and the offense can't seem to string together anything resembling consistency. We sacrificed a first round pick (that could have been Brady Aiken) for a guy that was supposed to hit that doesn't hit.

All this does is waste another year of prime Harvey and make him want to come back less and less (like we'd pay the $200M+ it'll take to keep him but whatever he'll be a Yankee and I'll die inside).

We're a mediocre team that might sneak into the playoffs because of how bad the NL East is. But right now that's probably not happening because the defense is putrid and the offense can't seem to string together anything resembling consistency. We sacrificed a first round pick (that could have been Brady Aiken) for a guy that was supposed to hit that doesn't hit.

And to be honest, I don't blame you for thinking the way you do. I know that Blue Jays fans probably have the same feelings (I know I do) but we aren't throwing in the towel yet. Well, at least until the inevitable collapse in late July. :p

Of course. No salary cap in baseball. Plus Harvey will probably give them a hometown discount.

They're gonna get Harvey, Otani and Harper and it'll kill me.

Then deGrom will come due for his big money and go to the fucking Cardinals or something and I'll just be completely empty.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Harvey looks completely gassed right now. Between the heat and the offense giving him about 5 minutes between innings, it's to be expected.

rando14

Oh yeah I forgot about Otani

Otani, Harvey, Robo-Tanaka, Pineda, and DeGrom... wow, Yankees rotation in a few years is gonna be good!!

This ain't the NFL bro.

No worrying about not being able to pay the LOB because the midget QB is stealing all of the cap room

LOB already got paid you dunce, worry about your own team!!

Harvey looks completely gassed right now. Between the heat and the offense giving him about 5 minutes between innings, it's to be expected.

"Hey Matt we need you to throw 100 pitches, strike everybody out because you have no defense, bat (and do it well because nobody else is hitting so swing away), oh also if you make a single, solitary mistake we likely lose but HEY NO PRESSURE RIGHT!"

Link

The Autumn Wind
Might as well trade em now.
You joke, but I suggested that. He's never going to be worth more than right now. An ace is wasted on the Mets. Better to get offense in return and let the rest of the young pitchers actually get some wins.

And to be honest, I don't blame you for thinking the way you do. I know that Blue Jays fans probably have the same feelings (I know I do) but we aren't throwing in the towel yet. Well, at least until the inevitable collapse in late July. :p

Pfft. I threw in the towel before the season even started. I figure the Jays will just get between 75 and 85 wins and miss the playoffs from now until the end of organized baseball.

Pfft. I threw in the towel before the season even started. I figure the Jays will just get between 75 and 85 wins and miss the playoffs from now until the end of organized baseball.

We should start a support group.

67 pitches through 7. This has to be it. This HAS TO BE THE LAST STRAW. Terry has to go.

zroid

Banned
I usually have more optimism then that.

I will remain fairly optimistic so long as everyone remains healthy (which is not going to happen but still).

Obviously this one got away mainly because Copeland is crap, as much as we would like to blame Cecil. ie because Sanchez is injured.

I will remain fairly optimistic so long as everyone remains healthy (which is not going to happen but still).

Obviously this one got away because Copeland is crap, as much as we would like to blame Cecil. ie because Sanchez is injured.

Can Stroman be back by September?

All this does is waste another year of prime Harvey and make him want to come back less and less (like we'd pay the $200M+ it'll take to keep him but whatever he'll be a Yankee and I'll die inside).

Don't feel too bad, the worst case scenario for the Mets is that they finish third in the NL East. At least your team didn't have big expectations this season, and are currently sitting at 11 games under .500.

The only good thing about this season so far is that the Phillies are in last place.

Well, that's an insurmountable lead for the Mets to overcome.

I can't even fathom what it's like for him to pitch so well for the entire game, then make one mistake and know that you lose because your team can't get your back.

The NL needs the DH so bad.

Teams have already been drafting in anticipation of it. Cubs with Meatball, Mets with Conforto/Cuddyer. It's coming next year, but it should have been there already.

Edit: Harvey just looks numb in the dugout. Disgusted with how poorly managed this team is, top to bottom.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I can't even fathom what it's like for him to pitch so well for the entire game, then make one mistake and know that you lose because your team can't get your back.
He's just counting down until he's a free agent. This is just one long audition for the real teams.

Sticking with Torres because he's a vet is fucking stupid because he's a worse pitcher than the Leather-Rocket. Not to mention that he can't fucking throw strikes.

Holy fucking shit Terry you fuckwit he's WALKED THE BASES LOADED WHY IS HE STILL PITCHING?

TT019.jpg

Top Bottom