• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

zulux21

Barves just traded Phil Gosselin for Touki Toussaint and Bronson Arroyo + Cash.

Well. Dave Stewart got rooooooooooooooooooooooooobbed.

so, it's not beyond my understanding on how this trade happened (salary dump) I am more confused how you didn't get a better package for a top 100 pitching prospect (even with the salary dump) o_O;

I imagine a number of teams would have happily traded a better player and eaten the money to get a top prospect.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
so, it's not beyond my understanding on how this trade happened (salary dump) I am more confused how you didn't get a better package for a top 100 pitching prospect (even with the salary dump) o_O;

I imagine a number of teams would have happily traded a better player and eaten the money to get a top prospect.

Hey don't diss the Goose.

rekameohs

Banned
Yeah, stupid trade. I understand the $10 million salary dump, but you don't give away a 19 year old potential top of the line pitcher for that, man......

It is for me because Arroyos contract isn't that bad, you have already paid half of it this year, and he has a 4.5 million buyout, you don't trade a potential frontline starter to save ten million.

We've already cleared about 15 plus million in Salary already. So if we are still hurting that bad, Kendrick should just sell the team for mismanaging the finaces that bad.

zroid

Banned
We are going to lose this game, and while I wasn't watching, I'll be damned if it wasn't still a wild ride following along on twitter.

Another bad Harvey start. Congrats on the sweep, Braves.

He looks fine to me. Bad 2nd but has settled and is commanding his breaking stuff better in the 3rd.

If we could just get him, you know, a single run, that'd be swell.

Also if our defense could not be garbage that'd also be great.

Link

The Autumn Wind
He looks fine to me. Bad 2nd but has settled and is commanding his breaking stuff better in the 3rd.

If we could just get him, you know, a single run, that'd be swell.

Also if our defense could not be garbage that'd also be great.
He's already over 60 pitches after 3 innings. That doesn't translate to good news. And who are you kidding with the offense and defense?

He's already over 60 pitches after 3 innings. That doesn't translate to good news. And who are you kidding with the offense and defense?

Oh yeah I doubt he goes 5. It's just not happening.

We'll lose 5-0 when Harvey goes out with a 0-0 tie and Terry puts Verrett in to get obliterated. Watch.

Meanwhile, Tehran has a whopping 38 pitches through 3.1. Like. Come on guys at least make it a little challenging for a guy that's been struggling ALL YEAR. At least get A hit. I'm garbage at the plate (I'm cognizant of my failures) and I am almost positive I could belt one of these hanging sliders he's left so far.

Guys at least make him WORK THE FUCKING COUNT once or twice. Hacking at literally every fucking pitch. It's ridiculous. I'd cream myself to pitch against a team with plate discipline this bad.

Cuddyer with an AB that symbolizes our season. 0-2, clearly the time for a slider low and out (maybe even dirted) to get the batter swinging. A guy who's been around as long as he has should KNOW that's the MO in this situation ESPECIALLY for a primary slider pitcher.

So what happens? Slider, low and out, dirts it, AND HE HACKS AT THE FUCKING THING.

Idiots. All of them are fucking idiots.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Guys at least make him WORK THE FUCKING COUNT once or twice. Hacking at literally every fucking pitch. It's ridiculous. I'd cream myself to pitch against a team with plate discipline this bad.
I think you or I could blank the Mets at this point.

I think you or I could blank the Mets at this point.

I'm a primary slider/splitter pitcher. With guys who swing like this all you have to do, literally all you have to do, is keep the ball out and low and you'll rack up the outs. Guys will swing at your junk then you can lob a heater inside and jam them.

It's so easy to develop a plan of attack against a team like this. Seriously, this is just the start, we're gonna get dominated the rest of the season unless some sweeping changes are made TOMORROW because it's just getting absurd.

Top Bottom