• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

rando14

*watches recap of today's Marniners game

2J9aOVk.gif

I don't get why the Cardinals tried to play the game tonight when all forecasts basically said there were going to be storms at gametime.

Easily could have played the game tomorrow since it's an offday.

Sadly we really have nothing to "sell".

Yeah about the only things the Mariners have that can be moved are JA Happ and maybe a middle reliever or two. None of those things are gonna bring back something particularly interesting.

I guess you could try to sell Rodney off but again he's old, hasn't looked great and is a FA after the season.

the pirates will get a chance to catch up a few games when the white sox randomly sweep the cards as the team that should easily beat them up will be the one team they kick the crap out of.
Certainly possible since I fully expect Sale to carve up the Cards lineup and it's a weird two game series. Lackey is pretty tough at home though.

zulux21

Certainly possible since I fully expect Sale to carve up the Cards lineup and it's a weird two game series. Lackey is pretty tough at home though.
indeed he is, but the white sox often beat up on tough pitchers, it's the easy pitchers they can't touch :/
Cardinals are also due for a massive regression.

and the white sox are due to randomly score a ton of runs over a few days and then not have an offense again for a few weeks lol.

Cardinals are also due for a massive regression.
Well, they're obviously not a true talent 110 win team. Regress it back to their 3rd order win % and they're playing at a 99 win pace. By base runs, they're working towards 96, 97 wins instead. But all they have to do is to keep pace with the Pirates/Cubs for another 87 games and stay healthy for the postseason.

43-44 record from here on out is 94 wins, which should be enough to win the division unless PIT or CHC goes on a massive tear. The head-to-head games before the ASB will be telling.

zroid

Banned
Apparently the 4th place team in the AL East being 1.0 GB is the closest any 4th place team has been thru June 28th since 1969

Chuck

Still without luck
lol the Phils got Andy MacPhail as prez next year. Good fucking luck with that jackass. Did fuck all for my O's.

BFIB

Amazing how the Phils are replacing everyone who let this team become shit, except the one man who let this team become shit.

Beckx

which is why it should go back to having no "value" external to the event, but then, ties. and america hates ties, so here we are.

Top Bottom