• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

saw this floating around the web :p

1317518689855837869.gif

Why is Jared Cosart in the bullpen?

He just came back from the DL, and the Marlins are easing him back into the starting rotation.

I would imagine that he is going to be the 5th or 6th starter, if the Marlins go with a 6 man rotation when Fernandez returns later this week.

Plus, the bullpen has been garbage save for three pitchers, so they need all the help they can get.

He just came back from the DL, and the Marlins are easing him back into the starting rotation.

I would imagine that he is going to be the 5th or 6th starter, if the Marlins go with a 6 man rotation when Fernandez returns later this week.

Plus, the bullpen has been garbage save for three pitchers, so they need all the help they can get.
Thank you.

I was watching a couple of Mark Appel highlights and I think he doesn't mask his delivery well. I saw that ball pretty early.

zychi

Banned
5 game losing streak and Business Insider contributors are already dumping on the Cubs

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-chicago-cubs-have-no-pitching-2015-6

Dat "unorthodox rebuilding plan" would have made us pick Appel btw.

People are on the Stros nuts so hard while ignoring that they're on a maaaaassively unsustainable pace. Having crap SP outside of one guy (and very occasionally McHugh) does not a winner make. Plus they're far too reliant on the big hit to score runs.

Can we stop this? The Cubs are not World Series contenders this season. Stop pretending they ever were for page hits. If we're lucky they grab a wild card and make some noise. They are too young and our bullpen is still a mess.

You guys likely get the 2nd WC and win a couple games. Will be fun to watch.

Next year if they add Mae-Ken and some depth? Lookout.

Can we stop this? The Cubs are not World Series contenders this season. Stop pretending they ever were for page hits. If we're lucky they grab a wild card and make some noise. They are too young and our bullpen is still a mess.

I never said they were WS contenders and it would be premature to say that they are going to make the playoffs without significant additions to the rotation and the health of Soler.

People are on the Stros nuts so hard while ignoring that they're on a maaaaassively unsustainable pace. Having crap SP outside of one guy (and very occasionally McHugh) does not a winner make. Plus they're far too reliant on the big hit to score runs.
Wow, ZiPs is not very kind to McCullers for the ROS.

They'll certainly make a move for another starter or two at the deadline. Hopefully, doing so will work out better for them than the 2014 A's.

JDeluis

I'm wondering how long it's going to take for Arizona to make fans in the front row remove their Dodgers jersey. They were originally sitting in the first row, now they've been moved to the second row, so that their shirts are out of view.

All-Star Voting Leaders vs. WAR Leaders:

American League
Catcher:
WAR: Russell Martin (2.9 WAR, #2 among C in votes)
Voting: Salvador Perez (1.3 WAR, #4 among C in WAR)

First Base:
WAR/Voting: Miguel Cabrera (3.5 WAR)

Second Base:
WAR: Jason Kipnis (4.4 WAR, #3 among 2B in voting)
Voting: Omar Infante (0.0 WAR, tied for #8 among 2B in WAR)

Third Base:
WAR/Voting: Josh Donaldson (4.3 WAR)

Shortstop:
WAR: Jose Iglesias (2.0 WAR, #2 among SS in voting)
Voting: Alcides Escobar (1.4 WAR, tied for #3 among SS in WAR)

Outfielder #1:
WAR/Voting: Mike Trout (4.1 WAR)

Outfielder #2:
WAR: Kevin Kiermaier (3.2 WAR, not in Top 15 among OF in voting)
Voting: Alex Gordon (2.6 WAR, tied for #4 among OF in voting)

Outfielder #3:
WAR/Voting: Lorenzo Cain (3.0 WAR)

Designated Hitter:
WAR: Alex Rodriguez (2.0 WAR, #5 among DH in voting)
Voting: Nelson Cruz (1.7 WAR, #3 among DH in WAR)

National League

Catcher:
WAR/Voting: Buster Posey (2.8 WAR)

First Base:
WAR/Voting: Paul Goldschmidt (4.2 WAR)

Second Base:
WAR: Joe Panik (3.0 WAR, #4 among 2B in voting)
Voting: Dee Gordon (2.9 WAR, #2 among 2B in WAR)

Third Base:
WAR: Todd Frazier (4.4 WAR, #2 among 3B in voting)
Voting: Matt Carpenter (2.2 WAR, #4 among 3B in WAR)

Shortstop:
WAR: Brandon Crawford (2.9 WAR, #2 among SS in voting)
Voting: Jhonny Peralta (1.9 WAR, #3 among SS in WAR)

Outfielder #1:
WAR/Voting: Bryce Harper (4.9 WAR)

Outfielder #2:
WAR/Voting: Giancarlo Stanton (3.7 WAR)

Outfielder #3:
WAR: Joc Peterson (3.5 WAR, #6 among OF in voting)
Voting: Matt Holliday (1.1 WAR, tied for #17 among OF in WAR)

This entire retard voting process is entirely why it shouldn't count or shouldn't mean anything.

Also this "Mike Trout" is rather okay at baseballing.

rekameohs

Banned
Beef Welington is hilarious. I don't even care that he's not really that good, but he's just great to watch. Way more entertaining than dumbo Trumbo.

He's already worth 3.8 WAR so far this year. He's a super star.

Who's offense is perfectly adequate for the man who, so far, has been the best defensive player in BASEBALL. And not only is he the best. He's so far out in front that the second highest players total UZR and UZR/150 value is a full 25 points OR MORE behind him.

He's so dominant in the OF defensively that he's worth at least 3 wins on that ALONE.

Top Bottom