• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

What's especially stupid about the Bonilla thing though is that they only owed him $5.9 million in 2000 after they dumped him. They agreed to the payment thing because Fred Wilpon was making more money in Bernie Madoff's scheme than they would pay Bonilla, so they did that to save money that season instead of just paying him normally and that being the end of it.

There was some dude on ESPN talking about how it wasn't even that smart of a move on Bonilla's part, that he could have just taken the lump sum in 2000, put it in some relatively safe account and probably be making more off of it per year.

rando14

Cano hit an OPPOSITE field HR?!?!

O1JICce.gif

This year has been ridiculous with prospect promotions.

It's more that everybody who would have gotten the call last year was injured so we're seeing a cumulative call-up of everybody instead of it being staggered like it normally is.

Still, teams systems are quickly becoming empty lol. Mets new highest prospect isn't even in AA (unless it's Gsellman) and we'll likely got from 4th-5th to 15th-16th.

Malo

Banned
Outside of the Cuban players, is this year's IFA class better than last year's? I haven't paid attention to this year's class due to the Yankees not being able to sign any player for more than 300k after last year's pillaging.

Outside of the Cuban players, is this year's IFA class better than last year's? I haven't paid attention to this year's class due to the Yankees not being able to sign any player for more than 300k after last year's pillaging.

It's pretty good, not great but it's a good last hurrah for the IFA system.

Vlad Jr is the biggest and best of em, IMO.

All I know is that apparently there is a player named Lucious Fox.

Aren't the blue jays the favorites to sign him? I wish he could have been available last year.

Does he come with Batman? If so, I'm sold.

I posted a picture a few posts up of him wearing a Jays hat, the signing period starts tomorrow, I doubt it takes more than an hour to make it official.

He's really, really, really good. Think of his dad's bat with 60 power.

After watching PTI let's get the Puig for King Felix or Cole trade going.

I don't get the issue. Baseball is the one sport where the team doesn't have to like each other. Barry Bonds was a legendary asshole who was choking dudes in the dugout and he still dragged that squad to within a few outs of of a world series.

JDHarbs

Tornado forming just east of Kauffman Stadium right now. Really good thing we're in Houston tonight or this would be right as everyone was driving out to the game.

Edit: Tornado is on the ground in Lee's Summit. Stay safe KCGAF.

I don't get the issue. Baseball is the one sport where the team doesn't have to like each other. Barry Bonds was a legendary asshole who was choking dudes in the dugout and he still dragged that squad to within a few outs of of a world series.

In his defense, he was trying to choke Jeff Kent. That was probably entirely deserved.

Angels lost their GM? What's going on down in Artieland?

Him and Scioscia got into it again over metrics and stuff. Dipoto wants them to integrate shifts and advanced stats more, yet Scioscia still wants to play things by his "gut" and nothing else.

Dipoto basically made an ultimatium to Artie Moreno and it backfired. Moreno took Scioscia's side and Dipoto quit.

Him and Scioscia got into it again over metrics and stuff. Dipoto wants them to integrate shifts and advanced stats more, yet Scioscia still wants to play things by his "gut" and nothing else.

Dipoto basically made an ultimatium to Artie Moreno and it backfired. Moreno took Scioscia's side and Dipoto quit.

5247fd5009701.image.jpg

gut is out there, no need for sabermetrics bullcrap Dipoto!!

Top Bottom