• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

zulux21

the first half of the sweep of the cards is done. now to finish it tomorrow as it's been a common theme of the white sox the last few years... beat up the best teams in baseball, constantly get swept by the worst.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Montgomery on fire these past few starts

I wonder who wins the Erasmo Ramirez - Mike Montgomery trade in the end. Erasmo has been a savior for the Rays. Somehow. Even after looking like the worst pitcher in the history of baseball in April. That trade has kept the Rays afloat.

I just realised I can't name any White Sox players other than Chris Sale. No biggie.

In other news, while I might be a little biased, YES (Yankees) has some of the most god awful commentating in MLB.

Hey it's the first of July and the Astros have a 4 game division lead and the most wins in the American League. Can they be considered contenders now or should we wait another month?

zulux21

I just realised I can't name any White Sox players other than Chris Sale. No biggie.

In other news, while I might be a little biased, YES (Yankees) has some of the most god awful commentating in MLB.

you might have heard of a jeff samardzija
or perhaps a jose abreu
or david robertson

you also might have heard of Melky Cabrera
Adam LaRoche
or maybe Alexei Ramirez

and if you are a cubs fan...
Geovany Soto landed on the white sox this year lol.

you however haven't heard of José Quintana even though he has been one of the top* left handed pitchers for the last few years lol. (in 2013 his WAR was higher than over half of the people who got votes for the cy young lol.)

*one of the top implies that he isn't on the elite pitching status, but he isn't that far off despite no one knowing him lol.

cashman

Banned
Dude, there's rookie woes then there's striking out 44% of the time. He's not making contact anymore. It's fixable, he's not broken or anything, but his swing got worse and he cant read the zone so far.

His plate discipline is fine, he just swings through some fat pitches over the plate. He's done fine for his first taste of the big leagues and now he'll go to AAA to get his swing worked out down there.

zulux21

this has some fun info about chris sale

• In the month of June, Sale threw 44 1/3 innings over six starts. He allowed 28 hits and eight walks, while striking out 75. Those 75 strikeouts stand as a single-month franchise record. Yet, he finished the month with just a 2-2 mark.

• Sale struggled for 5 1/3 innings on May 6 against the Tigers and exited that no-decision with a 5.93 ERA. Since his next start on May 12, Sale has pitched 76 innings, given up 44 hits and 12 walks and fanned 115. His ERA has dropped to 2.87. Yet, in those 10 starts, Sale has a 4-3 mark with three no-decisions.

and some fun comparisons to some legends.

• Many Sale comparisons have been made to Randy Johnson during this strikeout run, but how about looking at both Johnson and fellow Hall of Fame southpaw Sandy Koufax at 100 career starts. Sale has 766 strikeouts over 682 2/3 innings, with a 2.81 ERA to go with a 46-30 record. Koufax had 557 strikeouts in 565 1/3 innings and a 30-37 mark with a 4.23 ERA, while the Big Unit featured a 38-34 ledger, a 3.97 ERA and 592 strikeouts over 621 1/3 innings.

and just a reminder that he was the 13th pick of 2010 (due to injury worries from his weird motion that helps him be so effective

YaEKbn7.png
imagine if the astros or blue jays had him right now instead of the white sox. and how he would look in their rotations.

JoseDFrog

Banned
What's going on in the AL Least, I wake up to see the every team continued their losing streak.
Boston doesn't exist cuz FUCK Boston!

Doogdogg

Mookie is just too good to let a bad team drag him down. Already tops 5WAR for first 120+ games of his career (including last year) .

Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst.

Wow, some really nuts contracts out there. TIL the red sox are paying Manny Ramirez $2 mil a year until 2026.

What's especially stupid about the Bonilla thing though is that they only owed him $5.9 million in 2000 after they dumped him. They agreed to the payment thing because Fred Wilpon was making more money in Bernie Madoff's scheme than they would pay Bonilla, so they did that to save money that season instead of just paying him normally and that being the end of it.

Top Bottom