• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Keith Hernandez is having a meltdown! lol

Only entertaining part of last night's game. He was about to explode! I was waiting for him to let out the F bomb by mistake. lol Its one thing about the offense but bad defense and fundamentals drive him batshit insane. I thought he was going to curse during that botched squeeze play.

Bunch of fucking rockheads. I noticed the crowd has finally started to turn on the team. Lots of boos! booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

This cards team is amusing this game... it is like they are the whits sox lol. Bobbling everything or throwing it away.

Also while it is only a 2 game series... it seems this is the first time this season that the cards have ben swept.

The Twins "swept" us in a two game series too

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Happy International Signing day.

Looks like the Dodgers are buying up the top prospects, going way over slot.
The Los Angeles Dodgers are making a big splash on the first day international prospects can sign, stocking their Minor League system with several top international prospects, including right-handed pitcher Yadiel Alvarez for $16 million.

According to industry sources, the Dodgers agreed to terms with Alvarez, 19, ranked No. 2 on MLB.com's Top 30 International Prospects list; outfielder Starling Heredia, ranked No. 5, for $2.6 million; infielder Ronny Brito, ranked No. 21, for $2 million; and shortstop Oneal Cruz for $950,000. The club hasn't confirmed any of the deals.
http://m.mlb.com/news/article/134055834/dodgers-sign-top-international-free-agents
Today is July 2nd, 2015, and the market is now open for major league organizations to sign international 16-year-olds. Each team has a set bonus pool limit to work with:

Organization Bonus Pool
1) Arizona Diamondbacks $5,393,900
2) Colorado Rockies $4,966,300
3) Texas Rangers $4,586,600
4) Houston Astros $4,248,800
5) Minnesota Twins $3,948,500
6) Boston Red Sox $3,681,000
7) Chicago White Sox $3,443,000
8) Chicago Cubs $3,230,700
9) Philadelphia Phillies $3,041,700
10) Cincinnati Reds $2,873,000
11) Miami Marlins $2,779,300
12) San Diego Padres $2,691,800
13) Tampa Bay Rays $2,609,200
14) New York Mets $2,531,300
15) Atlanta Braves $2,458,400
16) Milwaukee Brewers $2,389,300
17) Toronto Blue Jays $2,324,100
18) New York Yankees $2,262,800
19) Cleveland Indians $2,204,900
20) Seattle Mariners $2,150,300
21) San Francisco Giants $2,130,900
22) Pittsburgh Pirates $2,111,900
23) Oakland Athletics $2,093,100
24) Kansas City Royals $2,074,700
25) Detroit Tigers $2,056,200
26) St. Louis Cardinals $2,038,200
27) Los Angeles Dodgers $2,020,300
28) Baltimore Orioles $2,002,900
29) Washington Nationals $1,985,400
30) Los Angeles Angels $1,968,600

However, some teams exceeded their bonus pool limits during the 2014-2015 window and as a result face penalties this year. The Arizona Diamondbacks, Boston Red Sox, Los Angeles Angels, New York Yankees, and Tampa Bay Rays are not allowed to sign anyone to an individual bonus larger than $300,000. Several other teams are expected to exceed their bonus pools during the 2015-2016 signing window, including the Los Angeles Dodgers (expected to be extremely aggressive), Chicago Cubs and Toronto Blue Jays.

Keep in mind that some of the best young international players cost less than $300,000 to sign, including Luis Severino of the Yankees ($225,000), Eduardo Rodriguez of the Red Sox ($175,000), Gregory Polanco of the Pirates ($150,000), Starlin Castro of the Cubs (just $50,000) and Yordano Ventura of the Royals (only $28,000).
http://www.minorleagueball.com/2015...pect-signing-day-bonus-pools-and-introduction

Malo

Banned
I'm okay with the limit of spending only $300k per prospects after last year's spending spree. Hell, two of our best prospects in Luis Severino and Jorge Mateo were signed for $225k a piece.

Dodgers doing work once again. They are who I wished the Yankees could have been (top tier front office, scouting, analytics, and an insane amount of money).

Windu

finally submitted my all start ballot.

z7uj1qL.png

(bored at work)

Opiate

How are those international bonus pools allotted? They don't seem to follow any clear plan. Some bad teams have small pools, some good teams have large ones.

cashman

Banned
Smoak has a 134 wRC+ his season (not a huge number of plate appearances but still)

not bad for a Dumpster Dive™

The Smoakamotive is finally leaving the station.

How are those international bonus pools allotted? They don't seem to follow any clear plan. Some bad teams have small pools, some good teams have large ones.

It's like the draft pool in that the worse the teams record was last season the bigger the pool they get. However if a team goes over the pool by more than 10% they pay a 100% penalty and they can't make a signing over something like $300k the next 2 years. So the teams that were penalized last year were the Yankees, Red Sox, Angels, and Rays have significantly reduced pools for this year and next year, and it looks like the Dodgers, Blue Jays and Giants are going to join them next year.

Gregor Blanco looks like a super star in Marlins Park. He is hitting like .450 career there.

Fernandez looking good so far except for that last mistake. Pretty good command, and his secondary pitches are looking pretty good. It's so good to see him pitch again.

Jose with a home run!!! Yeah!!!!

Justin Bour with a 3 run shot!!!!!

Opiate

The Cardinals are terrible. I stuck with them during those "we engaged in corporate espionage" days, but I'm not sure I can tolerate a team that loses 2-3 games in a row.

Windu

scherzer is going to throw a perfect game against the braves tonight.

Also for yankee fans, manny banuelos is making his major league debut tonight for the braves.

MC Safety

Yo Mets fans how about Herrera for Niese?

You can have Niese and they'll throw in Gee.

I don't understand why people are constantly referring to the Mets as a good team. The Mets are not a good team. They're a bad team that played way over its head for a brief spell. And that's it.

The Mets should dump the weight like Niese, Cuddyer, and Granderson and get back what they can -- if they can get anything at all. And they should start anew in 2016 with a new manager.

Loco4Coco

I don't understand why people are constantly referring to the Mets as a good team. The Mets are not a good team. They're a bad team that played way over its head for a brief spell. And that's it.

The Mets should dump the weight like Niese, Cuddyer, and Granderson and get back what they can -- if they can get anything at all. And they should start anew in 2016 with a new manager.

Mets might as well stay put, no one is going to take on those players now.

thefro

Playing the Mets is the cure for an offense slump since you don't have to worry about the Mets scoring runs.

Glad the Cubs swept them, they were reeling after that Cardinals series.

Link

The Autumn Wind

Who the hell is calling the Mets a good team?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The St. Louis Cardinals have terminated the services of their scouting director, Chris Correa, after an “imposed leave of absence,” a lawyer for Cardinals executives said Thursday.

James G. Martin, lawyer for chairman Bill DeWitt Jr. and general manager John Mozeliak, declined to comment on the reasons for his separation or any details of an investigation into the hacking of a Houston Astros database.

Martin said that the Cardinals were continuing to investigate. He declined to comment when asked whether any employee has admitted hacking the Astros, citing an ongoing governmental investigation.

Correa declined to comment.

Correa's lawyers could not be immediately reached for comment.

Correa has admitted hacking into a Houston Astros database but said it was only to verify that the Astros had stolen proprietary data, according to a source with knowledge of the investigation.

Correa did not leak any Astros data, and is not responsible for additional hacks that the FBI has alleged occurred or leaking any data, said the source.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/base...cle_b529088f-70c3-51c5-bab2-106afa1d2a12.html

I really hope a Cards vs Stros WS happens this year.

Top Bottom