• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Mets starting pitching has allowed 1 run or fewer in 30 out of 81 games.

We've lost 15 of those.

I mean I'm kinda glad we won tonight but, the problems didn't go away. Team still can't hit for shit. That's not changing and Conforto isn't on his way to save us.

Mets starting pitching has allowed 1 run or fewer in 30 out of 81 games.

We've lost 15 of those.

I mean I'm kinda glad we won tonight but, the problems didn't go away. Team still can't hit for shit. That's not changing and Conforto isn't on his way to save us.
We only had 3 hits. You guys deserve to win tonight. Great pitching

Gonna be a real shame when Sandy Alderson gives up Matz and Syndergaard to get Ben Zobrist.

I will legitimately be done if we trade ANY of our young, cost controlled starting pitching for a rental bat that we can't afford to keep.

We need to win like the A's. To do that we need to retain our young assets.

But this is the Mets so I expect Matz and Thor out quite shortly. Because what we obviously need to do is destroy the only non-weakness this team has.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I will legitimately be done if we trade ANY of our young, cost controlled starting pitching for a rental bat that we can't afford to keep.

But this is the Mets so I expect Matz and Thor out quite shortly.
They've actually admitted that they'll overpay to acquire Zobrist. Who the fuck does that? The entire organization is incompetent. I actually long for the days of Omar Minaya.

But this is the Mets so I expect Matz and Thor out quite shortly. Because what we obviously need to do is destroy the only non-weakness this team has.

what have the a's won

They've actually admitted that they'll overpay to acquire Zobrist. Who the fuck does that? The entire organization is incompetent. I actually long for the days of Omar Minaya.

I long for the days when we had the highest payroll in the NL.

The Wilpon's are the problem. Unless we magic Billy Beane away, we're never going to contend again until they're gone.

SA and Terry have failed at their jobs, but they're failing with one hell of a handicap.

Omar was a great scout, terrible GM. At least Sandy didn't force every single prospect we have up 3 years early because of reasons.

what have the a's won

What the A's have done with the limitations they have is nothing short of a miracle. It's pure, unfiltered baseball genius that they even manage to make the playoffs.

The Royals, for example, are a similar pay structure and until they adopted a style based on heavy metric analysis, they didn't make the playoffs for 30 years.

JDeluis

So apparently the Dodgers have told YouTube sensation Dodgerfilms that he can not film BP or anything in the stadium anymore.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I long for the days when we had the highest payroll in the NL.

The Wilpon's are the problem. Unless we magic Billy Beane away, we're never going to contend again until they're gone.

SA and Terry have failed at their jobs, but they're failing with one hell of a handicap.

Omar was a great scout, terrible GM. At least Sandy didn't force every single prospect we have up 3 years early because of reasons.
No doubt the Wilpons are the biggest issue, but what exactly has Sandy done at all? Every year, the trade deadline goes by without a single move. And you give up a first-round pick for Cuddyer as your big free-agent acquisition? I mean, you could put a mannequin in the GM chair and have the same results.

No doubt the Wilpons are the biggest issue, but what exactly has Sandy done at all? Every year, the trade deadline goes by without a single move. And you give up a first-round pick for Cuddyer as your big free-agent acquisition? I mean, you could put a mannequin in the GM chair and have the same results.

I think he's drafted well and managed the farm system well. Player development is MUCH more emphasized now.

His biggest shortfalls are, as you pointed out, FA and player retention.

I don't think he's done a good job, but I don't necessarily think he's done a bad job either.

Syrinx

The young SP is Sandy's doing, not just drafting and trading for them but putting the right people in the system to develop them.

Meier

Unreal that the Dodgers are going to blow having Kershaw and Grienke together on the same team. The roster is such a mess.

Gonna be a real shame when Sandy Alderson gives up Matz and Syndergaard to get Ben Zobrist.

Fuck that shit! Who the fuck is Ben Zobrist that the Mets would have to give up Matz or Thor? Get outta here with that caca. I will truly give up if the Mets "overpay" to get some mediocre player like Zobrist.

Nice to wake up to a win though. Damn these left coast games!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
qulm3Sf.jpg

Enron

Banned
If he clears wavers I don't expect him to be done.

He can still salvage his career, IMO.

Only if he gets his head out of his ass, stops being a child, and works on getting a consistent delivery/release. His velocity since TJ has been up and down, mostly because he hasn't settled into a consistent repeatable delivery. He's hunting for those extra MPHs he's lost.

rando14

Jason Beck ‏@beckjason
Grade 3 calf strain for Cabrera, according to Brad Ausmus. Expected to miss 6 weeks.

Tough break for the Tigres

Someone wake up the Giants. They're supposed to be playing a ballgame today.

Katie making plays down the left field line...

What the A's have done with the limitations they have is nothing short of a miracle. It's pure, unfiltered baseball genius that they even manage to make the playoffs.

Seeing Beane cobble together a team of has beens and never weres and never should bes and somehow (more often that not) win with them is what I love most about the team. There's an incredible beauty to seeing a team of Steven Vogt and Eric Sogard and guys like them go up against Trout and Pujols and compete. It's the ultimate underdog team.

zroid

Banned
Seeing Beane cobble together a team of has beens and never weres and never should bes and somehow (more often that not) win with them is what I love most about the team. There's an incredible beauty to seeing a team of Steven Vogt and Eric Sogard and guys like them go up against Trout and Pujols and compete. It's the ultimate underdog team.

Somehow I like it when Oakland does it, but hate it when Tampa does. Don't ask me why.

not that hard to figure out :(

Strasburg's broken again.

James Wagner ‏@JamesWagnerWP 8m8 minutes ago
Strasburg is coming out of the game. Seemed to favor his side after a pitch. It'll be Tanner Roark with two outs in the fourth

Top Bottom