• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Edwardo

SOX WIN
SOX WIN
SOX WIN

lma1NCY.gif

zroid

Banned
heard a somewhat hilarious factoid the other day

Blue Jays have scored 10+ runs more times than the Mets have scored 4+ runs

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
do you guys think BA is an overrated stat compared to OBP or OPS

arguing with a friend

I mean, none of them are great. BA doesn't tell you anything about power or on-base ability. OBP is better because it captures how well a player does at getting on-base, but again it doesn't account for power. OPS is mathematically flawed because it adds two fractions which have different denominators, but it still tells you more than the first two.

What you really want is wOBA, or better yet, wRC+.

zulux21

hmmm if the white sox win 7 of their next 8 games they could be .500 at the allstar break.

that actually seems totally possible, as I want the white sox to trade players like samarja for players for the future, thus if they do that run they will likely trade away some of the future instead of him which seems like totally something this season is asking for right before the go like 5-20 in august lol.

Greinke could easily have like 15 wins heading into the All-Star break if he was on a decent team with a decent manager.

I'm gonna be really sad to see him go next year.

zroid

Banned
Greinke could easily have like 15 wins heading into the All-Star break if he was on a decent team with a decent manager.

I'm gonna be really sad to see him go next year.

Yesterday when the FOX guys were talking about him opting out I was daydreaming about AA signing him. A bona fide ace on this team would be scary next year. We might even be able to afford him too with Buehrle coming off the books and Dickey's option probably not being picked up.

Of course actually getting a star free agent to come to Toronto is another issue entirely :(

David Ortiz is in the lineup today...at 1B.

Hanley DHing.

Strange to see Papi in the field at Fenway, but this is one way to get Napoli out of the lineup so I dig it.

Parch

Yesterday when the FOX guys were talking about him opting out I was daydreaming about AA signing him. A bona fide ace on this team would be scary next year. We might even be able to afford him too with Buehrle coming off the books and Dickey's option probably not being picked up.

Of course actually getting a star free agent to come to Toronto is another issue entirely :(
Would be nice, but it's going to cost mega bucks for Greinke. If Cliff Lee can get $25M per, what's Grienke going to expect?

I'm getting sick of this shit tbh

we either win by huge numbers or our pitching sucks ass and we get a 7 spot on us at the first inning, and we either just barely squeak by for the comeback win, or we come up short

if we get to the playoffs doing this I will be legitimately surprised

Lexxism

I'm getting sick of this shit tbh

we either win by huge numbers or our pitching sucks ass and we get a 7 spot on us at the first inning, and we either just barely squeak by for the comeback win, or we come up short

if we get to the playoffs doing this I will be legitimately surprised
But we won't reach the playoffs with this team current SP and bullpen. If they really to reach the playoffs, there's should be changes but we all know there's won't be any

But we won't reach the playoffs with this team current SP and bullpen. If they really to reach the playoffs, there's should be changes but we all know there's won't be any

Considering the laughable state of the AL East at this point, I wouldn't discount us out yet. That being said, it looks like the Yanks or Rays will take it when the All-Star break concludes.

I mean you guys were in it on Scherzer till the very end, no reason you wouldn't have the payroll to make him a very reasonable offer.

MATZ DAAAAAAAAAAAAY

I mean you guys were in it on Scherzer till the very end, no reason you wouldn't have the payroll to make him a very reasonable offer.

MATZ DAAAAAAAAAAAAY

The wonders of being owned by the biggest telecom company in the country.

Unfortunately, half the battle is getting Rogers to care for the Blue Jays now that they have the golden goose of the NHL.

Top Bottom