• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

I mean, this is just my Candadiana talking here, but I would assume the Penguins can give a run for the Steelers now?

Penguins are pretty huge locally, yeah. And, where the Pirates are a local brand and the Steelers are a national brand, I see Penguins as having a huge regional brand. I grew up a fan of the Pens, but switched to support Columbus. But, many people my age still love the Pens around here.

Also, I rewatched the Hamilton Home Run derby. If you think that is better than last night, I don't know how. He's taking like 60+ seconds between pitches, drinking water, signing baseballs... But he did fucking CRUSH em. These things used to take forever, and now I remember why.

This is going to sound weird, but perhaps the reason Hamilton's derby was so good was because of the story, and perhaps his backslide in retrospect damages that aspect of the narrative.

aFIGurANT

I wish the ASG had different announcers every other inning. We stuck with Buck right?
Yup.

As bad as everyone sees him he's still better than many of the alternatives, specifically the Bermans of the world. Also he's probably continuously dealing with the PTSD from sharing space with McCarver every October. The latter infects the STL broadcast for days every time they let him on.

11140406_10152942838016828_137527194176624074_n.jpg

Now that I think about it, have there been any other DHs besides Frank in the Hall? You gotta think Ortiz stands a great shot, too.

They should just drop the Pete in the Hall talk. It will never happen, regardless of the huge support in the general public, the baseball insiders won't forgive what he did in a million years.

Is this supposed to have started already? I'm trying to watch on MLB.TV (my TV antenna can't even pick up local signals) and I just see the message "Stay Tuned, This Game Will Begin Shortly."

tim1138

Yeah, I went to Fan Fest with my buddy on Monday.

Also, we kept track and did see at least one fan of all 30 teams. That was kind of a fun mini-game to play during the events.

Walking into the stadium for the Derby we were talking to a family who came download from NYC and then when we got to our seats there was a mom and son from Anaheim in front of us and some guys from San Fran next to us, it was pretty cool. I dunno if we saw someone with a jersey for every team, but it was pretty close.

I actually enjoyed seeing who other fans voted for (thought us Cards fans picked a great four), but this is a weird thing because it's making everything take so long. Also, something that casual fans might not get..

Larkin is a cool dude. Amen to him.

Joe Morgan... He's not doing well, man. That's sad. One of the all-time greats.

Yeah, they love Rose in Cincy. Kinda just gloss over the fact he's an asshole and a gambler.

Not surprised by Cards' Franchise Four (though I thought Ozzie instead of Brock), but I would've chosen Pujols

It's hard to pick a new guy when you have a team as storied as the STL Cardinals, but IMO, Pujols is the best player of an entire decade. Can't be said for anybody else on that list with such certainty. If he can escape without getting busted for roids (something I say for every player this era) he'll be remembered as a top all-time player in 30 years.

Top Bottom