• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Jays say it wasn't a financial issue that caused Singer opt for college.

Which means it was a financial issue that caused Singer to opt for college.

I went to bed because I knew there was only one way that story would end.

Yep, and that's it.

Miley tosses a gem for the first time in his life, the Sox only allow 2 hits total and boom still lose.

Watch Porcello give up 10 runs in the first inning today.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Going to Kershaw/Fister today and Greinke/Scherzer tomorrow. Depending on traffic, I might be able to catch the second half of the delayed game too. Yeah baseball.

RBH

The Atlanta Braves have extended the contract of manager Fredi Gonzalez through the 2016 season, the team announced Friday.
1MOMudl.gif

BFIB

Trying to figure out what trades the Cards can make. Farm is depleted, and I would think Wong, Carp, CMart, Wacha are not trade chips.

Going to be interesting to see what Mo can pull off.

RBH

By two significant measures — attendance and TV ratings – the Atlanta Braves’ rebuilding season has proven to be a tough sell with fans.

On both scores, mid-season studies show the Braves have posted the second largest declines in the major leagues.

Attendance at Turner Field is down 4,258 per game from the same point last season, the largest drop of any MLB team except Philadelphia, according to figures compiled by baseball-reference.com.

And local TV ratings for Braves games are down 32 percent compared to midway through last season, the largest drop of any team except the Chicago White Sox, according to a study by Sports Business Journal.

The declines came as the Braves posted a 42-47 record at the All-Star break, a sub-.500 record that was predictable after a flurry of trades that shed payroll and star-power while mostly bringing back young prospects who might pay off in the future. Fans didn’t miss the message of the trades: that the team was being designed to win in 2017, not 2015.

In their next-to-last season in 50,000-seat Turner Field, the Braves have drawn 24,903 fans per game through 40 home dates, ranking 23rd among the 30 MLB teams in announced average attendance. That is down from an average of 29,161 at the same point last season and puts the Braves on pace for their lowest full-season attendance in 25 years.

On Fox Sports South and SportSouth, Braves games have averaged a rating of 2.03 in the Atlanta TV market this season, according to Sports Business Journal’s analysis of Nielsen data. That means 2.03 out of every 100 households in the market have watched Braves telecasts on average.

By comparison, the major-league teams with the highest local TV ratings this season are the Kansas City Royals (12.06) and St. Louis Cardinals (9.25), SBJ reported.
http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/ba...itter_2014_braves_sfp#d6d98977.3828699.735795

Hooray!

JDeluis

MLB.tv app on Xbox 360 is so awful.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the Nationals brodcast, except for some of the replays where the camera angles looks like the camera operator are rejected movie DP who had to settle working at shooting sports.

aFIGurANT

Kershaw with so much swag out there. That slide around the ball going foul down the 3b line, lol. Is he married or anything? Dude should be getting Jetes levels of women.

Top Bottom