• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

JDeluis

I can't believe the Dodgers might lose to the shitty Phillis.

Suck on that fans for making fun of Adrian for not handling the ball earlier in the inning.

Greinke is the best.
Even as a life long Reds fan, he's my favorite player.

Interesting article in SI on the guy.

I think it was a not joking joke, but apparently Greinke wants to be an assistant GM but run a team while forcing the guy (AJ Ellis) who has the GM title to deal with the media.

Dude's the real deal. Apparently did the upfront negotiations of his deal with the Dodgers without an agent.

Parch

Rally squirrel.
When he came back on the field I was wondering why somebody wasn't doing something about it. Why aren't the grounds crew trying to shoo him away? Nope. Everybody stand around and do nothing. Delay the game and let the players try to deal with it.

Parch

I think it was a not joking joke, but apparently Greinke wants to be an assistant GM but run a team while forcing the guy (AJ Ellis) who has the GM title to deal with the media.
Dude's the real deal. Apparently did the upfront negotiations of his deal with the Dodgers without an agent.
Some announcers were talking about Grienke and how smart he was with the business side of baseball and player evaluation. He's a real student of the game, and definite management material if that's what he wants to do after his playing career.

tim1138

Dude regularly does scouting on his own and was in the Dodgers war room for the draft this year. Check out the articles Joe Posnanski wrote about him early in his career with the Royals. He has a great anecdote about Greinke and Alex Gordon from when Gordon got called up.

BumRush

Wait...that Blevins news was REAL!? I thought people were fucking with me.

O'Flaherty, please be better than last night.

Parch

I like watching Buerhle pitch. Crafty lefty using brains and experience. Control instead of power. And it's nice that he doesn't piss around and works fast. Class act getting the job done.

Edwing returning to form at the right time.

Anyone else read Shi Davidi's Jays 2016 piece? I was surprised to see that Dickey and Encarnacion are definitely coming back.

It also made me wonder... After ballooning the payroll for the 2013 season, everyone pretty much agrees that Rogers has set a hard limit on salary spending that AA has, until now potentially, struggled to operate under. If the Jays are successful, and do make it to the post-season, and past the wildcard games, will Rogers allow for another increase so they can make competitive offers to some of the FA's?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
The Jays lineup is ridiculous right now.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus Christ Twins, you really do suck against the blue birds.
And every other team in the AL East. Even when they're a decent team. But they're a putrid team that played way above their ability in June! Starting rotation is a couple 3s and some fringey 5s, the bullpen is Perkins, a good LOOGY, and a bunch of bums, and no one in the lineup can fucking hit.

Kill me.

Well, this is the inning when ERod gets beaned into oblivion.

Tex grandslam incoming

EDIT: Napoli went from being just incompetent to being actively destructive to his own team lol

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Heston being inconsistent again...surprise!

Ah well, as long as Duffy outperforms Bryant to keep building on the ROTY narrative.

Top Bottom