• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

So apparently the Marlins are going to pursue Bud Black, Mike Lowell, and Dusty Baker to be the manger next year. lol

It's going to suck to see them sign Lowell are fire him the next year.

Yeah he should demand a trade. I'm serious.

No way any of those three happen anyway, they'd demand more control than Loria would give them.

Yep. He doesn't deserve to be embarrassed on this franchise. Stanton should also demand a trade to the Yankees.

I could see them trading Jose in the next two seasons, because he isn't signing resigning with this team in a 2019. Boras is his agent, and the Marlins have pissed him off with the sending Marcell Ozuna AAA to avoid arbitration bullshit.

Yep. He doesn't deserve to be embarrassed on this franchise. Stanton should also demand a trade to the Yankees.

I could see them trading Jose in the next two seasons, because he isn't signing resigning with this team in a 2019. Boras is his agent, and the Marlins have pissed him off with the sending Marcell Ozuna AAA to avoid arbitration bullshit.

If he refuses to play and rallies the few fans that are left not to go, he has all the leverage. Loria needs them.

If he refuses to play and rallies the few fans that are left not to go, he has all the leverage. Loria needs them.

To be honest, I don't think Loria would care if the ballpark were empty. He makes mores than enough money off the Fox Sports Florida television deal and the shared revenue to pay the meager payroll.

I hope the league gets involved at some point. Even moving this team to Montreal, where I would never get to see a live game, would be better than having Loria as an owner.

To be honest, I don't think Loria would care if the ballpark were empty. He makes mores than enough money off the Fox Sports Florida television deal and the shared revenue to pay the meager payroll.

I hope the league gets involved at some point. Even moving this team to Montreal, where I would never get to see a live game, would be better than having Loria as an owner.

If there's no fan turnout and the ownership doesn't either give the player what he wants or negotiate with him in good faith, the league would step in and remove Loria, IMO.

RBH

080915_braves_reunion_06.JPG

David Justice poses with a newspaper photo of himself before a softball game with the 1995 Braves team against other Braves alumni at Turner Field in Atlanta on Saturday, August 8, 2015.

Da gawd

I think resigning Heyward would be a good start, but I don't know exactly what else they could do. SP is a market strength, but the Cardinals probably don't need one. Maybe an older John Lackey-type

Though with Wainwright and Holliday gone for most of the year, I've actually got a good amount of hope for the future looking at what this team has done without half it's "core"
Yep, signing Heyward is the logical signing. Cards need that cornerstone position player to transition from the current aging core to the next set of core players. Hoping they can come to terms to something reasonable.

I think another starting pitcher is certainly a need. Lackey likely isn't coming back. Jaime's option should be picked up but he's not exactly someone you can pencil in for 160+ innings. Who knows what Wainwright can give us after that Achilles injury. And any perceived depth can evaporate in a hurry with pitching.

Beyond that, it's just marginal improvement on the bench and bullpen. Unless they give up on Adams to upgrade 1B.

zroid

Banned
Martin and EE both sitting today. Homer prone Estrada pitching in the easiest stadium to homer in the majors. If the Yanks don't win today they only have themselves to blame.

Talon

The lack of endorsement value of baseball players compared to NFL and NBA players is striking.

Harden's next endorsement contract is going to be bigger than his salary for pete's sake.

Top Bottom