• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

I was at one of his return games, and the boos were deafening. The "VER-NON" chants were so loud, when a foul ball was hit to left he threw the ball back to the infield, rather than tossing it into the stands.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/23113842/

The video is there, he was booed afterwards of that at bat, which is expected, but like I said, nobody thought he would get a standing O because of the contract he had, and for some reason that makes you a bad guy.

I fully expect Brett to get a standing O just because we got a MVP type player in return, and that's what they'd be cheering. And the Jays will proceed to sweep the bums out of the country.

And the Jays will proceed to sweep the bums out of the country.

39dcd6f14333e633eb06210be0619889.jpg

"Rogers Centre: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."

Plus, they spell Centre wrong. And they probably but ketchup on hot dogs but call it "putting tomato sauce on sausages".

Barbarians.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/23113842/

The video is there, he was booed afterwards of that at bat, which is expected, but like I said, nobody thought he would get a standing O because of the contract he had, and for some reason that makes you a bad guy.

I fully expect Brett to get a standing O just because we got a MVP type player in return, and that's what they'd be cheering. And the Jays will proceed to sweep the bums out of the country.

I think you're vastly overestimating Jays fans here.

Though there was a bizarre amount of love for him while he was here, so it's entirely possible that, for once, the irrationality of Jays fans won't be embarrassing.

It'd just be weird to give Lawrie shit. He was well liked and obviously enjoyed being a Jay. It's not as if he left as FA and joined the fucking Orioles.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
No one should be booing Lawrie or Valencia, they didn't even leave by their choosing and they played hard while here.

Yeah, I know. Just want to have a fun rivalry for a few days.

As an A's fan, other than a Sonny Gray Cy Young, not much else for me to look forward to the rest of the way.

Don't worry, better times will come to the Bay again.

It'd just be weird to give Lawrie shit. He was well liked and obviously enjoyed being a Jay. It's not as if he left as FA and joined the fucking Orioles.

Considering some dumbasses don't believe he panned out in comparison to Donaldson, there probably will be some boos. Besides, if there are any, it comes from the boozed up morons who jumped the bandwagon.

Ken Rosenthal is reporting Chase Utley, to the surprise of no one, cleared waivers. That means he can be freely traded now, as long as Utley waives his no-trade clause.

It wasn't just Lawrie for Donaldson. I think Graveman will end up being more valuable than Lawrie in the long run.
The As did it for salary reasons, Lawrie and Graveman will no doubt be decent but neither will be all-star calibre. Lawrie is simply too reckless to stay healthy and even when healthy you can't fit him into the middle of your lineup. Toronto will always love Lawrie because he played hard when he was here.

Would've dumped Kawasaki instead of Valencia, I blame Gibby for this.

The As did it for salary reasons.

No, that's not why. They did the trade because the farm was fairly barren after making the run last year. Getting two rotation quality arms in Graveman and Nolin, a future starting SS in Barreto and a high upside guy in Lawrie who's not yet entering his prime was worth the cost of Donaldson, who wouldn't get the A's in the playoff run alone.

Let's talk in 3 years about this trade. The feeling about it will likely be quite different than it is today.

There might be ten people in Marlins Park for this game.

Which I can't blame the good folks of Miami for it.

When the worst team in the National League and the worst team in the American League play a series, it's not exactly must watch TV.

Top Bottom