• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

BFIB

So the Reds have moved Cuteo, and other big pieces yet Amaro and company will end up keeping Hamels.

Guys... guys...

I'm looking at my TV here at my place in LA.

There's some team playing the Mets. The... "Dodgers?"

Anyone know who these "Dodgers" are?

I haven't seen them on my TV before. It's... what is happening? Wait, they're from LA? I'm in LA. Why haven't they been on my TV?

What sorcery is this?

Greinke bat flip on that single lol

So the Reds have moved Cuteo, and other big pieces yet Amaro and company will end up keeping Hamels.

If the Royals gave up Lamb, Finnegan and Manaea for Cueto as being reported, even RAJ can't fuck up getting something nice for Hamels.

At least in theory.

CAN WE DO IT? CAN WE SCORE A RUN AGAINST A NOT ASS PITCHER?

That's not how your field that ball young Joc.

C'mon Mets...

Stupid goddam play going home with that. Take the double play over some individual's performance. Dodgers still individual over team.

PLe5zt7.gif

Enron

Banned
I think the Rangers are going to give up Gallo for Hamels.

Seriously doubt that, but I wouldn't be upset if they did. I am not sure Gallo will be anything more than a meh hitter with crazy power. Would be more upset if they dealt Mazara honestly.

rando14

If deGrom doesn't win the CY...

At this point, why would he? Nowhere near Grienke's ERA, nowhere near Kershaw's FIP/xFIP, nowhere near Kershaw/Scherzer's fWAR, and there's 5 other dudes ahead of him in Wins (which we all know do partially matter in the Cy award, for whatever reason).

jbug617

Banned
Trade is done. Finnegan is the big get the others are not highly rated I believe.

Reds Get:
Brandon Finnegan
John Lamb
Cody Reed

Royals Get:
Johnny Cueto

At this point, why would he? Nowhere near Grienke's ERA, nowhere near Kershaw's FIP/xFIP, nowhere near Kershaw/Scherzer's fWAR, and there's 5 other dudes ahead of him in Wins (which we all know do partially matter in the Cy award, for whatever reason).

Writers don't care about FIP/xFIP (they should but w/e) and even then what do you mean not even close? Factoring in today he's 5th in FIP and 10th in xFIP. Higher than Scherzer in xFIP. fWAR for pitchers isn't all that indicative (not that it's not good but it's not as good). Wins well... Felix won with none right?

He deserves to win it.

rando14

Writers don't care about FIP/xFIP (they should but w/e) and even then what do you mean not even close? Factoring in today he's 5th in FIP and 10th in xFIP. Higher than Scherzer in xFIP. fWAR for pitchers isn't all that indicative (not that it's not good but it's not as good). Wins well... Felix won with none right?

He deserves to win it.

Alright well considering all that, make your argument Degrom should win it over Grienke, Scherzer, or Kershaw. If you're thinking of the current superficial process where Wins, ERA, and SO's are the big 3... I'd give it to Kersh or Grienke.

Of course, Grienke, Scherz, and Degrom are likely to regress a bit based on their unsustainably low BABIP's, in which case the winner is... Clayton Kershaw.

Top Bottom