• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Sounds like 6 of the Braves' prospects in the Dominican Summer League were in a car accident. The worst injury might have been a broken leg (for a kid named Luis Severino). Apparently the driver of their car lost control on the highway.

And this is actually the second incident like this for the Braves this year. A few months ago their Advanced A-ball team was in a bus crash where their team bus actually flipped over. 7 players went on the DL with injuries after that.

I wonder what it will be like if Luis Severino pitched against Luis Severino?

Malo

Banned
Jack Curry @JackCurryYES: Sabathia is on DL with knee injury. Girardi said there's no timetable for CC's return and said it's possible CC won't pitch again in 2015

Would it be fucked up if I hope he doesn't pitch again this season? Cus I hope he doesn't.

Jack Curry @JackCurryYES: Sabathia is on DL with knee injury. Girardi said there's no timetable for CC's return and said it's possible CC won't pitch again in 2015

Would it be fucked up if I hope he doesn't pitch again this season? Cus I hope he doesn't.

No, it wouldn't. This is a positive for us, imo. CC is pretty much done.

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 1m1 minute ago
On the day the last-place #RedSox come into Chicago, Jon Lester is three outs away from a shutout across town. Hmmm

Give Porcello 80 mil instead of paying Lester brehs

EDIT:

Also

CNMqVmcW8AAcmf-.jpg:large

I just realized LaTroy Hawkins is a fan of the GOAT muscle car, the first generation GTO.

He's a cool dude in my book.

Those rolled off the line in 1964 yeah?

Dude, LaTroy picked one of those up off the lot and drove it to work. See, he was pitching for the Kansas City Athletics at the time. But when he got there, Blue Moon Odom and Rocky Colavito made LaTroy drive them to pick up some Schlitz and a couple packs of Lucky Strikes.

It was only LaTroy's fifth season in the league. Not like he could say no.

Those rolled off the line in 1964 yeah?

Dude, LaTroy picked one of those up off the lot and drove it to work. See, he was pitching for the Kansas City Athletics at the time. But when he got there, Blue Moon Odom and Rocky Colavito made LaTroy drive them to pick up some Schlitz and a couple packs of Lucky Strikes.

It was only LaTroy's fifth season in the league. Not like he could say no.

zUbDNPO.gif

don't care if this is fake, i love it

This is good news. But who will replace him? Warren?

JDeluis

Domi beat his ass though, that was funny.

Dodgers/Giants fans stabbing each other happens far too often that we just write it off I guess.

I think you're confused. The stabbing occurs at Raiders vs Charger games. SF Giants fans tend to shoot Dodgers fans and Dodgers curb stomp Giants fans like America History X.

Though he's been cold for over a month!

He was already going cold before the All Star game.

Saw this at another board, but:

NL Central records since the All-Star break:

Chicago – 24-11 (.686)
St. Louis – 22-12 (.647)
Pittsburgh – 21-13 (.618)

Of those games - games against opponents who were .500 or better:

Chicago – 6 of 35 (17%)
St. Louis – 10 of 34 (29%)
Pittsburgh – 27 of 34 (79%)

And upcoming games against teams who are .500 or better:

Chicago – 18 of their next 25
St. Louis – 16 straight and 19 of their next 26
Pittsburgh – 3 of their next 20

We coming for the division Cardinals :)

The division is going to come down to the winner of the remaining 6 games between the Pirates and the Cardinals, almost assuredly

cubs hit the fucking jackpot with none of their rookies appearing to struggle at all

i guess bryant scuffled for about a month

I mean, Soler has been pretty bad and Addison Russell hasn't been too hot (but still young and will figure it out)

Soler is a perfect example of why not to take Schwarber's hot ~160 ABs as indicative of anything either

So I wouldn't say they've had the best luck, but not all top prospects will be major league players

zroid

Banned
cubs hit the fucking jackpot with none of their rookies appearing to struggle at all

i guess bryant scuffled for about a month

also the random pitcher they picked up off a scrap heap ended up having a better season than their ace whom they signed to a mega contract. 100 years of karma catching up with them, lol.

It's kind of a dumb move too, he had something like a .410 OBP in August

Power is gone (blame HR derby, probably), but I'd take that OBP in a heartbeat

every time I've seen the Dodgers lately, Joc is walking a fuck ton. I don't really get what the problem is.

JDeluis

every time I've seen the Dodgers lately, Joc is walking a fuck ton. I don't really get what the problem is.

To much pressure is being put on him and it's messing with his mind. They're afraid to throw him the fastball, that's why he keeps getting walked. After a couple of walks, he gets anxious and starts swinging at everything. He was already struggling before the home run derby, so that's not the problem.

I like Joc but if Kikè is swinging at the ball better at the moment, you better be damn sure to take advantage of him. Joc will most likely be used towards the last innings when the bullpen keeps giving away fly balls.

zroid

Banned
To much pressure is being put on him and it's messing with his mind. They're afraid to throw him the fastball, that's why he keeps getting walked. After a couple of walks, he gets anxious and starts swinging at everything. He was already struggling before the home run derby, so that's not the problem.

I like Joc but if Kikè is swinging at the ball better at the moment, you better be damn sure to take advantage of him. Joc will most likely be used towards the last innings when the bullpen keeps giving away fly balls.

if that's true then someone should tell him that getting on base is enough. if he's not getting pitches to hit then it's not his problem.

I mean, Soler has been pretty bad and Addison Russell hasn't been too hot (but still young and will figure it out)

Soler is a perfect example of why not to take Schwarber's hot ~160 ABs as indicative of anything either

So I wouldn't say they've had the best luck, but not all top prospects will be major league players

I mean if Russell can just be average with the bat he will have positive impact kinda like Andrelton Simmons.

And Soler has been a dumpster fire defensively which pretty much has put him in the negative .

Marz

Lol maybe I was wrong about Joc Pederson when comparing him to Mark Reynolds.

At least Reynolds isn't a bench player lmao.

Top Bottom