• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Watching the Mets game at CBP. First time here. Nice ballpark. Great views from every location.

Beckx

Oh no doubt. He'll be back at ESPN on a week.

Did you see Shohei yesterday? Fucking absurd.

Son, his last two starts have been fantastic, 16 IP, 0R, 22K. The sequence with multiple 100mph pitches to Nakamura only to kill him with an 86 mph fork.

For a while he said only his fastball was working and he had a couple of rough starts, but the last three games he's been back to normal.

BumRush

Son, his last two starts have been fantastic, 16 IP, 0R, 22K. The sequence with multiple 100mph pitches to Nakamura only to kill him with an 86 mph fork.

For a while he said only his fastball was working and he had a couple of rough starts, but the last three games he's been back to normal.

Is this guy coming stateside at any point?

That is amazing. :)

Beckx

Here's the pitch sequence:

https://twitter.com/PacificleagueTV/status/636568796321447936

Is this guy coming stateside at any point?

Almost certainly. Only real question is what the fee will be.

Future Cub. Him or Maeda. Cubs narrowly missed out on Darvish and Tanaka. BTW where do you guys watch NPB games? Would like to watch some.

subscription to tv.pacificleague.jp - with conversions being where they are it's dirt cheap and they have extensive VODs. streaming quality isn't as good as MLB yet though.

If you're looking to stream central league games there isn't a service like the pacific league, but there are channel stream sites where you can stream games. Yomiuri has a channel on US TV where they broadcast (Onesports). They have highlights on YouTube.

Damn, that's nuts. Thanks for the responses. Are you living in Japan?

I used too, moving back hopefully within the next year.

Another pitcher to watch, Shintaro Fujinami, also hits 100 MPH on the gun, also 21 years old. Vicious slider, a splitter that destroys people.

Kid is special. He and Otani are going to be the greatest Japanese born pitchers ever to grace the big leagues.

I used too, moving back hopefully within the next year.

Another pitcher to watch, Shintaro Fujinami, also hits 100 MPH on the gun, also 21 years old. Vicious slider, a splitter that destroys people.

Kid is special. He and Otani are going to be the greatest Japanese born pitchers ever to grace the big leagues.
I'm liking Fujinami more at this point. I think his approach and the way he attacks hitters will translate better. Especially if that splitter doesn't destroy his elbow.

I'm liking Fujinami more at this point. I think his approach and the way he attacks hitters will translate better. Especially if that splitter doesn't destroy his elbow.

I think both will be special but I worry more about Otani because of the immense strain the fork puts on a pitchers elbow and the ferocity and frequency in which he throws it. But Fujinami attacks the corners much better and his slider right now is more consistent than Otani's, though Otani's projects better.

It's really a toss up. They have similar mechanics, both have command issues, both have overpowering heat with movement, both rely on a variation of the splitter to get outs.

It's hard for me to see a clear cut better pitcher right now. I hope Fujinami can make it to the majors along with Otani in the same year, no idea if he has a similar opt out in his contract as Otani since it was hard enough finding info on Otani having it.

I think both will be special but I worry more about Otani because of the immense strain the fork puts on a pitchers elbow and the ferocity and frequency in which he throws it. But Fujinami attacks the corners much better and his slider right now is more consistent than Otani's, though Otani's projects better.

It's really a toss up. They have similar mechanics, both have command issues, both have overpowering heat with movement, both rely on a variation of the splitter to get outs.

It's hard for me to see a clear cut better pitcher right now. I hope Fujinami can make it to the majors along with Otani in the same year, no idea if he has a similar opt out in his contract as Otani since it was hard enough finding info on Otani having it.

Is that Anraku dude who was dominating the headlines going to be a good one too?

Unknown. He's with the Eagles and his high school coach may have killed his arm.

Yep. His arm is basically gone so, would he have been? Probably. Will he be? No. Not likely. His shoulder and elbow are shredded from massive overwork.

Tomohiko Anraku is all that is wrong with Japanese HS baseball and why people are advocating for players to be able to go to the majors from the NPB as soon as possible. Because of the damage that was done to his arm.

MLB 2015 Regular Season [OT3] Shut the Flock Up About the Blue Jays
MLB 2015 Regular Season [OT3] Feeling Kind of Blue... Jay
MLB 2015 Regular Season [OT3] My Mom Was Rance Mulliniks
MLB 2015 Regular Season [OT3] Children of John Olerud
MLB 2015 Regular Season [OT3] Baseball, the Great Canadian Sport
MLB 2015 Regular Season [OT3] Wake Me When the Blue Jays Season is Over
MLB 2015 Regular Season [OT3] No More Henke My Whitt-y
MLB 2015 Regular Season [OT3] Blue Jays A-to-Z; From Accardo to Zosky, with a touch of Mayberry
MLB 2015 Regular Season [OT3] Pat Tabler Stole my Etch-A-Sketch
MLB 2015 Regular Season [OT3] Moons Over Molitor
MLB 2015 Regular Season [OT3] Tony Fernandez Leads the Jays in Career Hits and Nobody Cares
MLB 2015 Regular Season [OT3] The Blue Jays - Damasos, Willies, Eds and Lyles
MLB 2015 Regular Season [OT3] Living Like Jim Clancy... In the Shadow of Blue Jay Greatness
MLB 2015 Regular Season [OT3] F*ck Paul Quantrill

zroid

Banned
MLB 2015 Regular Season [OT3] Shut the Flock Up About the Blue Jays
MLB 2015 Regular Season [OT3] Feeling Kind of Blue... Jay
MLB 2015 Regular Season [OT3] My Mom Was Rance Mulliniks
MLB 2015 Regular Season [OT3] Children of John Olerud
MLB 2015 Regular Season [OT3] Baseball, the Great Canadian Sport
MLB 2015 Regular Season [OT3] Wake Me When the Blue Jays Season is Over

:' )

we're not nearly as bad as Leafs-Age

Beckx