• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

wonder who takes the job. doesn't seem great, management refuses to rebuild and they dont have talent either at the major league or minor league level.

Seattle really is a black hole of a team.

The person who takes the job is essentially going to have to rebuild, and I imagine a combo of Felix / Walker / Paxton maybe will be the only ones standing.

rando14

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale
Kevin Mather says the nucleus is there for the #Mariners to win now, and would lean towards an experienced GM.

5InLoYo.gif

Lexxism

Not blaming the fanbase, but the scheduling. Mid week day games are never good for attendance. These getaway day games are for the team's benefit, but traveling after a night game can't be that bad, but I guess the worry is they'll miss a flight if it goes extra innings. It has to be a significant amount of revenue lost to schedule mid week day games.
According to Rangers spokesman John Blake, the Blue Jays requested the game be held during the day because they have to travel to Toronto and open a three-game series with the Tigers in Toronto on Friday.
“With the start of the school year in some areas … we realize there were going to be some challenges in terms of attendance,” Blake said last week.
http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/2...se-crowd-simply-because-blue-jays-asked.html/

Beckx

How far does everyone think the Mets can make it?

They have the same question everyone else does: when do they careen head first into the Central teams. I know the Pirates have done well against the Mets this year, I think the Cards have too. Not sure about the Cubs.

Bucs are going to finish this year with their best record in 4 decades and still go into a coin flip game. :/

They have the same question everyone else does: when do they careen head first into the Central teams. I know the Pirates have done well against the Mets this year, I think the Cards have too. Not sure about the Cubs.

Bucs are going to finish this year with their best record in 4 decades and still go into a coin flip game. :/

Mets are 0-11 in their last 11 games against the Cubs.

Mets are 0-13 combined against Cubs and Pirates this year.

Beckx

I have to check but did they play any of those teams during their recent hot streak?

Pirates took 3 from Mets Aug 14-16. 2 of those were hard fought and IIRC the umpiring was awful.

-----------

Pirates' biggest road trip of the year starts next week. Brewers, Cards, Reds. Homestands against brewers and Cubs after that.

zroid

Banned
If you get Matz back and drop Colon and Niese from the playoff rotation, I don't see why Mets can't go all the way. That's probably the best top 4 starters in baseball. And offence has been as good as almost just about anyone since the trade deadline.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like Berrios has been removed from the AAA rotation. A month too late, but he should be starting on September 1!

Parch

I don't know about Dickey. He always seems to settle down after a few innings, but his streak of dominant starts seems over. When there's a full bullpen I'd have Dickey on a short leash.

Top Bottom