• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

ampere

Farewell to Victorino. Knew this was coming with how bad our season is looking. He was big in 2013 when it mattered so I like him for that, but he's been not so good since then

...why? So now the Jays can have two oft-injured shortstops? Either Reyes is heading somewhere else (which would be insane, because his contract is awful and he can barely play the field anymore), or AA is banking on them coordinating their injuries so only one of them is hurt at any given time.

I'd have rather they picked up a pitcher or two.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Gotta be something bigger coming right?

Doesn't make any sense for us to get him with our obvious pitching issues.

Maybe he gets flipped like some people are guessing on twitter?

I want to know who's going the other way. Tulo's contract isn't that great either, so hopefully they didn't have to give up too much.

This has to be part of something else. Otherwise it's absolutely baffling. They can't even shift Reyes over to 2nd, because now they have an actual, decent 2B.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if Devon Travis is in this trade.

You shut your mouth.
Please no.

Malo

Banned
Going to have to wait to see who are the prospects the blue jays gave up, but this doesn't make sense for the Rockies. They better have gotten some good prospects to take on Reyes' contract.

jman2050

I don't understand this trade at all.

It fixes none of Toronto's problems and what the hell does Colorado need Reyes for? Do the Jays even have the prospects needed to make this worth it for Colorado?

I will gladly eat crow for doubting our based trade god AA for this deal.

Let's wait and see who the prospects are. While I'm really happy they got rid of Reyes, hopefully they didn't have to get rid of Norris and Hoffman to do it. AA has made some nice moves, but also some spectacularly stupid ones.

jbug617

Banned
Can't tell if he is trolling or not.

@CJNitkowski: Chris Vass of @MLBNetworkRadio says the Rockies will eat $6 of the approximate $105M owed to Tulo. Not $6M, $6.00.

Rockies probably wanted to dump and then they can trade Reyes for better prospects.

zulux21

Going to have to wait to see who are the prospects the blue jays gave up, but this doesn't make sense for the Rockies. They better have gotten some good prospects to take on Reyes' contract.

yup gonna have to wait and see how this is.

tulu is a good player but he is on the wrong side of 30, an injury risk, and owed 100 mil or so over the next 5 years.

Top Bottom