• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

CJ Nitkowski ‏@CJNitkowski
Chris Vass of @MLBNetworkRadio says the Rockies will eat $6 of the approximate $105M owed to Tulo. Not $6M, $6.00.
mNmRIL8.jpg

jbug617

Banned
Even if the Jays don't grab a pitcher at this deadline, they are setup to grab a big name this offseason.

I wonder if they go in on Hamels if they were able to keep their big name prospects.

zulux21

Minus the money, you just described Reyes too -- though Reyes' contract gets pretty ugly from here on out.

yup but reyes' is only 48 mil owed over the next 2 years and a buyout.

it's only speculated reyes is included anyways, not confirmed.

edit: never mind i see it confirmed now.

Even if the Jays don't grab a pitcher at this deadline, they are setup to grab a big name this offseason.

I wonder if they go in on Hamels if they were able to keep their big name prospects.

They don't have the money for a big name -- they're already only $5-6m under their ceiling, allegedly.

I'm not sure I like this move. I love they were able to get rid of Reyes, but...they need pitching. It doesn't matter if they're scoring 8 runs a game if their pitching staff is always giving up 10.

They don't have the money for a big name -- they're already only $5-6m under their ceiling, allegedly.

I'm not sure I like this move. I love they were able to get rid of Reyes, but...they need pitching. It doesn't matter if they're scoring 8 runs a game if their pitching staff is always giving up 10.

Buehrle is likely gone, thats quite a chunk of change

He is, but it kind of sucks that he's probably gone, since he's been so reliable for them.

Essentially, yes. Except we get a player who might actually play.

Then again, this could be Michael Sanders.

Are you familiar with Tulo's injury history? The last full season he played was 2011, and even then he missed 20 games. The last time he played 150+ games was 2009.

He is, but it kind of sucks that he's probably gone, since he's been so reliable for them.

Are you familiar with Tulo's injury history? The last full season he played was 2011, and even then he missed 20 games. The last time he played 150+ games was 2009.

Yes, and that's why I put the might. And why I put this could turn into Michael Saunders, where the injury history which is quite relevant, is exacerbated in playing on turf.

zulux21

I'm really curious if Buehrle is going to call it quits now, or sign another 2-3 year contract to try to make sure he makes it into the HOF instead of just maybe getting into the hall of fame with a 60 WAR career and a perfect game, no hitter, and longest consecutive retired batter record (by a starting pitcher 2nd over all since Yusmeiro Petit broke the record).

plus that streak of 200+ innings pitched in the modern era is just amazing

AA just took the Rockies to the fucking woodshed if all he gave was a couple prospects and Reyes fucked contract for Tulo.

COME HOME JOSE. WE MISS YOU.

Tulo has actually been healthy the entire year, wonder how long THAT holds up.

If they got trash in return, please trade Arenado. He deserves better. Someone take him please, he needs to be on a winner

zulux21

Isn't Reyes owed far less money than Tulo though?

reyes is owed about half the money of tulo 48 mil vs 102 or so mil

Sorry, we already have Donaldson

donaldson should just be traded to who ever the white sox are facing for the entire next season.

despite it being against my team I would love to see a player bat .650 with 200 home runs and 400 or so rbi lol. (I think his numbers do something stupid like that if you expand them across a whole season compared to what he did this season against the white sox as he absolutely murdered the white sox this year)

Top Bottom