• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Parch

I thought the Jays were going to be stuck with Reyes and surprised they could move him.
Huge upgrade at short. Huge upgrade in left. And an ace starter. Those acquisitions were a major confidence boost to the rest of the offense, and the pitching gets a confidence boost because they know they'll get the run support.
It's all come together, and it's fun.

Yeah, lots of people have joined the bandwagon. Not me, though. I've been here for decades.

Price will likely start tomorrow and then Sunday when Baltimore visits, right? A friend and I are deciding what game to go to. She can go Tuesday night or on the weekend.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
This thread looks more and more like the NHL thread every day :lol

I found it funny when I went to the mlb thread and saw everyone talking about the NHL and then walked into the NHL thread and saw everyone talking about baseball

Confused the hell out of me

NhMNUwr.gif

Nerve wracking 9th but I'll take it!

Parch

When Blue Jays were winning back-to-back World Series, Americans hated the Blue Jays. Canada's got a reputation to maintain. Once a generation Canadians are going to take over baseball.

Parch

Wow Yankees.
It's that time of year when the contenders start having blowouts because the non-contenders don't give a damn anymore. We get a lot of teams who just go through the motions.

It's been a while since I've been to a Jays game, just out of laziness since I hate commuting.

The 500 level seats are decent for the experience, just not so much for those who like to see every move of the ball out of the pitcher's hand. Right?

Should I be worried about Salazar pitching tomorrow night? I know he's coming off of an illness, which caused him to lose some weight.

I don't get up to Toronto much, so I want to see a Jays win.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Chris Carter does something when it is not really needed.

Le sigh.

At least they didn't get shut out. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is a pretty optimistic view of the trade and more like a best-case scenario if everything goes right

Easily could end up with Lawrie and three busts

Graveman is already in the rotation and pitching inconsistently well. Lawrie has done everything the A's could have asked of him. Nolin has battled injury but has pitched very well, and Barreto is only 19 and hitting .300 in high A ball.

So I don't see how it's optimistic. Sure, a guy or two could get hurt.

But Donaldson could blow a knee tomorrow and that'd be it.

If that A's hadn't traded him to Toronto in the offseason, they would have traded him during the season, and I doubt they'd have gotten so much return. And I doubt Donaldson would have had the year he's having now if he'd been spending most of it in Oakland given that it's such a pitcher's park.

It's okay for both sides to "win" a trade, especially when the teams have vastly different goals like rebuilding versus winning now.

Top Bottom