• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

zroid

Banned
Oh, Barves. You better suck just as much when we come to Atlanta in Sept.

That's like how Garrett Richards was having a decent season before he faced the Jays. Starting pitchers can just throw out those game stats against the Jays. It's hard to survive those without looking like a bum.

Adam Morgan, Yovani Gallardo, and Chris Archer are going to get side-gigs consulting in the off-season on how to deal with the Jays

harSon

Banned
I still don't know why you guys made that trade but I'm very thankful. Dude is a stud.

They didn't really have a choice. They likely would have only gotten another year or two out of him on one year deals before he outgrew their payroll, and there's no way in hell they would have been able to afford him on an extension. They traded him at what they believed to be his peak value, which unfortunately was not the case - but trading him (at some point) was definitely the right course of action considering the team wasn't going to be competitive while he was still on the team.

They didn't really have a choice. They likely would have only gotten another year or two out of him on one year deals before he outgrew their payroll, and there's no way in hell they would have been able to afford him on an extension. They traded him at what they believed to be his peak value, which unfortunately was not the case - but trading him (at some point) was definitely the right course of action considering the team wasn't going to be competitive while he was still on the team.

I also think that the loss and collapse in the second half of last season gave A's brass enough reason to completely tear down the team they had.

Of course, Queso disagrees, but still, that's how I see it.

Cake Boss

Banned
cropped_JaysFanLeafs.jpg

06e682ab78a41c5dc5586cbd5fb4aad7.gif

Parch

Man, I really don't like Tulo batting 5th while Revere is leading off. Hopefully this doesn't last more than a few days.
They can always go back if it doesn't work out.
The problem is that Revere doesn't take a lot of walks and that hurts his OBP. But when he's hot he gets a ton of hits. I like him a lot, and that acquisition didn't get enough love. I think he can be a great leadoff hitter.

Marz

So the Jays are just not going to lose to anyone anymore?

Looks like the Yankees are gonna have to take care of business themselves

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Jays are slumping, couldn't even get 10 runs.

What did Gose do this time?

Pillar was on first and went past 2nd on a fly ball and instead of doubling him off at first he threw a lazy 1 hop throw back to 2nd base and Pillar was able to get back to 1st.

I also think that the loss and collapse in the second half of last season gave A's brass enough reason to completely tear down the team they had.

Of course, Queso disagrees, but still, that's how I see it.

Actually I love that trade. And it was completely necessary to pull the trigger on it.

Next year, 2/5 of the rotation and 2B will be covered by that trade, and by 2017 the middle of the infield and probably the #2 and #4 Starters will be from that deal.

The A's weren't winning with Donaldson, so moving him for a package that will get you a legit chance at 4 major leaguers in return is something that had to be done.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
The defensive upgrade from Reyes to Tulo is just staggering. Has probably saved a dozen or more hits this month.

It really has made a huge difference.

Actually I love that trade. And it was completely necessary to pull the trigger on it.

Next year, 2/5 of the rotation and 2B will be covered by that trade, and by 2017 the middle of the infield and probably the #2 and #4 Starters will be from that deal.

The A's weren't winning with Donaldson, so moving him for a package that will get you a legit chance at 4 major leaguers in return is something that had to be done.

This is a pretty optimistic view of the trade and more like a best-case scenario if everything goes right

Easily could end up with Lawrie and three busts

Actually I'm inclined to agree with CQ about the Donaldson trade. It wasn't a bad deal given what the A's plan was for 2015.

Pillar was on first and went past 2nd on a fly ball and instead of doubling him off at first he threw a lazy 1 hop throw back to 2nd base and Pillar was able to get back to 1st.

My mind's eye wants me to think that Gose had concentration issues last year too.

Top Bottom