• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Unbelievable. Edwin is on FIRE!

If the Commissioner really truly cared about the game, he'd make sure the Dodgers get their television house in order. Vin is coming back for his final season next year, and if the Dodgers local broadcasts continue to be among the lowest rated in the league because of the TWC deal it'll be a awful.

Hearing Mr. Scully takes so many people that have lived in LA their whole lives back to the time spent with long gone family and friends, summer afternoons as a kid, the whole deal.

Would be a real shame if they can't get this thing figured out.

In other news, Lego Dimensions all over that Blue Jays broadcast.

What's the story with the twc deal & low ratings?

Essentially, I believe it's because it's only offered on DirectTV and few people in LA have Direct. As such, people can't watch the Doyers.

Shamelessly stolen from Wikipedia:

In its inaugural 2014 season, SportsNet LA was carried by Time Warner Cable systems in Los Angeles, Bright House Networks' system in Bakersfield, and Champion Broadband serving a small portion of the San Gabriel Valley. Together, these distributors covered only 30% of the market, leaving the remaining 70% without the channel.

What's the story with the twc deal & low ratings?

70% of homes in Los Angeles cannot watch Dodger broadcasts because Time Warner Cable cut a deal for exclusivity in the market. 25 years for $8.3B. Comcast, DirecTV, basically all customers outside of those with Time Warner Cable are blacked out from everything Dodgers.

Because of this, the Dodgers have one of the lowest local ratings for any team.

It's a real mess.

Parch

The picture of the Stanley Cup with the caption "what are you doing this winter" is the best poster in Blue Jays history.

Smart recruiting. Donaldson, Batista and Encarnacion would have to be an upgrade for the Leafs.

NomarTyme

70% of homes in Los Angeles cannot watch Dodger broadcasts because Time Warner Cable cut a deal for exclusivity in the market. 25 years for $8.3B. Comcast, DirecTV, basically all customers outside of those with Time Warner Cable are blacked out from everything Dodgers.

Because of this, the Dodgers have one of the lowest local ratings for any team.

It's a real mess.

Sweet. I hope it sets a precedents.

zroid

Banned
Man, I really don't like Tulo batting 5th while Revere is leading off. Hopefully this doesn't last more than a few days.

Quick

Banned
OMG your avatar

NLsmS5t.gif

Phil Kessel is my spirit animal.

ZQsB8ir.png

e8DmaY0.png

9OovVG3.jpg

IyvFKw0.gif

Sorry, MLB-GAF. I am Quick, I posted here once or twice a year or so ago.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Pillar is lucky Gose is terrible.

Parch

Alfredo Simon is kind of bad
edit: apparently he just threw a 1 hit shutout a week ago? heh
That's like how Garrett Richards was having a decent season before he faced the Jays. Starting pitchers can just throw out those game stats against the Jays. It's hard to survive those without looking like a bum.

StudioTan

What the hell kind of pitch was that?

Top Bottom