• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

If they don't move Reyes they better be getting some good prospects in return. Why dump Tulo to take on 48M over the next two seasons and don't even get one of the Jays best prospects?

Castro is a nice piece. But he's a ways away from the bigs.

They and the Mets get a deal done for Reyes+ this week. It just makes too much sense/

Jose is going back to the Mets with Dickerson or Blackmon for Wheeler (who likely goes to the Jays for us eating Jose's deal), Niese, Cuddy and Tejada/Flores.

In other words.

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK. YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Castro is a nice piece. But he's a ways away from the bigs.

They and the Mets get a deal done for Reyes+ this week. It just makes too much sense/

Castro is getting paid almost nothing and made the Jays out of spring training......and then he couldn't cut it and got injured in AAA

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 46s46 seconds ago Manhattan, NY

two more minor leaguers will go to rockies in deal. so deal is tulo and hawkins for reyes, castro & 2 minor leaguers.

zroid

Banned
funny thing about Castro is when he came out of ST everyone was so in love with him, hell Gibby even made him the closer for a brief stint before he started getting lit up. Osuna on the other hand was just the "other guy". he was good but no Castro.

now Castro is traded and Osuna is the only thing holding our bullpen together. :lol

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 46s46 seconds ago Manhattan, N

two more minor leaguers will go to rockies in deal. so deal is tulo and hawkins for reyes, castro & 2 minor leaguers.

*gulp* well I'll find out in the morning!

funny thing about Castro is when he came out of ST everyone was so in love with him, hell Gibby even made him the closer for a brief stint before he started getting lit up. Osuna on the other hand was just the "other guy". he was good but no Castro.

now Castro is traded and Osuna is the only thing holding out bullpen together. :lol

*gulp* well I'll find out in the morning!

I can't believe it's taking this long, was Rosenthal in the room when they started talking? lol

Lenz44

Banned
They are finally burning it down at Coors. At least Bridich has the balls to try it. Knowing the Rockies its all going to go horribly for us and we will get the crap end of the stick. But you know, at least its new and they are trying. My poor Tulo jersey though.

giphy.gif

Lenz44

Banned
I'll trade my Reyes jersey for your Tulo lol

Hopefully I wake up and Reyes is a Met or something. I may have to adopt the Jays as a second team. I love Tulo and would love to see him do well on a competitive team. Plus it would nice to be able to cheer for a team that isn't run by an idiot brother combination.

The Mets offered the Rockies SIGNIFICANTLY more for Tulo just last week, Wheeler and three "good" (top-15) prospects for him and the Rockies said no because the Wilpon's likely wouldn't take on the money.

What a fucking joke.

Brinbe

Just got home now and saw the news. HOLY FUCKING SHIT, WE GOT TULO. WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T WE JUST TRADE CASTRO/HOFFMAN FOR HAMELS!?

tim1138

I'm curious about whether this data is tracked. I wonder on average how many runs are scored in bases loaded 0 out situations. If I had to take a guess, I bet it's pretty close to 1 run. Maybe 1.2?

I better its tracked somewhere.
If I have I remember today, I'll poke around on baseball-reference and FanGraphs.

Just got home now and saw the news. HOLY FUCKING SHIT, WE GOT TULO. WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T WE JUST TRADE CASTRO/HOFFMAN FOR HAMELS!?

It's not everyday you get the chance to acquire a 30 year old SS who misses 50 games a year and has 5 years/$100 million left on his contract.

gaming_noob

I love this trade. Reyes gets injured every year too. We get a better avg hitter who is younger and plays better defence.

I guess he really needed to get rid of the Reyes contract.

I'm not sure about this entire thing yet. Losing Hoffman stings. We still need a starter for the rotation and now we have a bit more salary to work with but less pieces to make a deal.

Edit: not sure the salary is that big a difference. Need to read more on this.

As part of Tulowitski's contract, he gets a $2 million assignment bonus and now has a full no-trade clause.

Buehrle
Bautista
Dickey
Encarnacion
Navarro
Estrada
Izturis
Hawkins

$67 mil

Bautista has a $14 million club option for 2016, which is what he's making this year. I expect to Blue Jays to keep him.

Sanjuro

As part of Tulowitski's contract, he gets a $2 million assignment bonus and now has a full no-trade clause.

Bautista has a $14 million club option for 2016, which is what he's making this year. I expect to Blue Jays to keep him.

That Tulo clause. Haha oh wow.

Top Bottom