• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Meier

Fell asleep after they made it 7-5. Glad I missed that dumpster fire of an end. How is Jim Johnson getting any innings? How has he not been cut yet?

zroid

Banned
I fell asleep before it ended but caught enough to see DodgersBullpen.gif

pretty wild game though :lol

and Corey Seager!!

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
Why? He is without a doubt the best pitcher the Mets have. Why limit his innings?

Because apparently at the end of August Boras decided that 180 innings was going to be a hard cap after saying in November that it was up to Harvey and the Mets.

It's still up to Harvey and the Mets, but this just isn't needed when in a pennant race.

Scott Boras gonna Scott Boras.

"I'm just looking out for my client's best interest".

Ballers-The-Rock.jpg

I hope that the Mets don't decide to shut him down mid race.

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
Scott Boras gonna Scott Boras.

"I'm just looking out for my client's best interest".

I hope that the Mets don't decide to shut him down mid race.

As do I. The Mets don't need the type of backlash that Washington got with Strasburg.

Oh, and guess who his agent is.

BumRush

If the Mets do make the playoffs (I don't want to jinx us), there's no way a healthy Harvey doesn't pitch because his agent says not to.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Mets have already said (after the Boras tweet) that Harvey isn't going to be shut down. 200 for the season, plus a (new) limit in the postseason.

Mets have already said (after the Boras tweet) that Harvey isn't going to be shut down. 200 for the season, plus a (new) limit in the postseason.

Good. The Mets needed to put their foot in the sand and make it known that Harvey is their centre piece for the playoff pitching staff.

Crazy how long Verlander was able to get by with just his "stuff".

Which is to say: He needed to develop a plan in the first place. Up to that point in his career, the pitcher who’d won the 2006 Rookie of the Year award, made six All-Star teams, and won both the AL Cy Young and MVP awards in 2011 had been doing something that virtually no other pitcher ever would: ignoring scouting reports.
Verlander had spent the best years of his career blowing heaters by hitters early in counts, then putting them away with lots of nasty two-strike curves and sliders, plus a few changeups for good measure. That pattern remained predictable for years, yet worked to great effect because his stuff was so damn good. But once his velocity dropped, opponents got better at smacking those fastballs for hits. Throw in a loss of bite on his breaking stuff along with the stubborn predictability of his pitches, and after a while, opponents started hitting all of his offerings a lot harder.
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/2...verlander-revival-fastballs-scouting-reports/

Had no idea he threw his fastball so infrequently in 2-strike counts for a guy known for his velocity.

Verlander was also one of those dudes who would only throw 91-93 consistently when the game started then by the 7th, start throwing 95-97.

Boras is the worst. The woooooorst. The only reason he gives a shit is so the gravy train keeps going since Stras feel apart a bit.

Fuck that guy. Seriously. He's still salty over the Gomez stuff.

Verlander was a physical freak, his curve broke almost a foot, his slider had completely different movement but the same release point, just ridiculous.

Then he never learned to conserve himself and his manager decided to have him pitch 100+ every game and his arm, shockingly, blew up.

Boras is the worst. The woooooorst. The only reason he gives a shit is so the gravy train keeps going since Stras feel apart a bit.

Fuck that guy. Seriously. He's still salty over the Gomez stuff.

Verlander was a physical freak, his curve broke almost a foot, his slider had completely different movement but the same release point, just ridiculous.

Then he never learned to conserve himself and his manager decided to have him pitch 100+ every game and his arm, shockingly, blew up.

Verlander reminded me a lot of John Smoltz. In a roundabout way, Smoltz's elbow blowing out and spending years as a reliever probably extended his career. When he went back to starting in 2005, he was still great until he finally blew his shoulder out in 2008.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Springer is leading off and playing Right.

I honestly thought they'd just let him DH a couple nights before sending him back in the field, so I guess his wrist is just fine.

Wow Christian Yelich has raised his average by more than 50 points since May. He would definitely be in the race for the batting title, if he hadn't been injured early in the season.

Top Bottom